Roads, Sidewalks & Streetlights

Street Sweeping

For information on City's Street Sweeping efforts, please visit Street Sweeping

Pot Holes

Did you find a pothole on a city street? Fill out a Pot Hole Form to report it.

Railway Crossings

Repairs to railway crossings is carried out by CN Railways. The City of Niagara Falls is responsible for the road leading to and exiting the crossing. The railway crossing and the surrounding land is private property and not under the City's jurisdiction to repair or maintain.

Road Closing/Detours

For information about recent road closures or detours, visit the Road Closing, Construction and Obstruction Notification Page.

Snow Plowing and Winter Maintenance

Looking to prepare for winter weather before it strikes?  Check out the Snow Plowing and Winter maintenance page for all the information you need to be ready for winter.

Sidewalk Concerns & Services 

To report a sidewalk concern, use our reporting form. 
To request a service, such as a curb cut or sidewalk alteration for driveway expansion, use our reporting form. A representative will receive the service request and contact you shortly. 

Current rates for curb cuts and sidewalk alterations are:

Line itemFeeHSTTotal
Curb cut per meter (minimum cut fee $200.00)$94.67$12.31$106.98
Sidewalk repair per square meter$214.67$27.91$242.58
Curb repair per linear meter (minimum repair fee $50.00)$204.57$26.59$231.16


Have you found a burnt out or damaged Streetlight? Use our reporting form to let us know.

Dead Animal on Roadway

If you see a dead animal on the road please contact the Niagara Falls Humane Society.