As of March 2015, the City of Niagara Falls has established a new CAD standard to be used by anyone submitting CAD drawings to the City of Niagara Falls Municipal Works Department. This includes: subdivision design, site plans, capital projects and any underground infrastructure to be constructed within the right of way.
The goal of these standards is to establish a guideline for what is required when submitting drawings to the City of Niagara Falls Municipal Works Department. Using a common standard for CAD drawings enables City staff to better manage our infrastructure data by streamlining interdepartmental procedures. This will allow staff to be more efficient and help control costs in this area.
The CAD standards have been established for the 2013 release of Autodesk Civil 3D. Drawings will not be accepted if they are produced in an earlier version. These CAD standards are intended to be used in conjunction with our Engineering Design Guidelines.
This standard is a work in progress and will continue to evolve with new software developments and new departmental procedures. It is the consultant’s responsibility to ensure the latest version of the manual and support files are being utilized, by checking the City’s website periodically.
If you have any questions, concerns or are experiencing difficulties with the initial setup, please complete the CAD Standards Comment form and one of our Design Technologists and Technicians will respond.
Drawing Submissions and FTP Instructions
- FTP Site Address: ftp://nfwebapp.niagarafalls.ca
- Username: drawingsubmit Password: Draw1ng
- Create a folder listing the project # and name.
- Copy an e-transmit zip file including the design drawing, external references and colour table. Also provide a copy of the data shortcuts and its folder structure.
- Send an e-mail to the City’s Project Manager notifying drawings have been submitted