- At most financial institutions, either by visiting the branch or using their online or telephone bill payment
- Visit the Finance section on the main floor of City Hall or the Macbain Centre
- By signing up for our Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan, you can have your taxes automatically deducted from your bank account.
- A drop box is also available outside City Hall on the Erie Avenue side of the building (please do not deposit cash into the drop box) or at the front door of City Hall facing Queen Street
- Dashboard customers can pay with a credit card (convenience fee applied) through their property tax dashboard account
On May 12, 2020 Council approved the installment due dates for final tax bills. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the Municipality is extending both the final due dates for Residential, Pipeline, Farmland and Managed Forest properties to be July 31 and October 30. Final Tax Bills will be mailed on July 10, 2020.
On June 23, 2020 Council approved the final due dates for Commercial, Industrial and Multi-residential properties to be September 30 and October 30. Final Tax Bills will be mailed on September 9, 2020.
At the June 23, 2020 Meeting of Council, the following payment relief measures were approved to support residents and businesses beyond June 30th and continue to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic as follows:
- Waiving penalty charges for current year (i.e. amounts billed in 2020) taxes extended from June 30th to August 31st
- No NSF charges for payments that are returned extended from June 30th to September 30th
- No disconnection of water services extended from June 30th to July 31st
At the October 6, 2020 Meeting of Council, the penalty rate for taxes billed and due in 2020 was changed to 0.5% per month for October, November and December 2020.
Property Tax Dashboard
Get information about your tax account using our website. You can:
- View billing and payment history
- Pay your tax account using a credit card (convenience fee will apply) and more!
Sign up or login to the MyCity Dashboard to gain access to your Property Tax and Water Billing information.
Tax Rates and Related Forms
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is a not-for-profit corporation established by the Government of Ontario to provide consistent and accurate property assessments. Read more about the impact that your property assessment has on your taxes in Property Assessment & Its Impact on Taxes.
Deferral of Property Taxes for Seniors