How to Create an Active Net Account
- Go to the Niagara Falls Active Net website.
- Select “Create an Account” on the upper right hand corner.
- Begin by creating an account in the name of the “Head of Household” – the person who will be responsible for registering and paying for classes and programs. Family members can be added later.
- Fill in your Contact Information. Required fields are denoted by a red asterisk (*). The Email Address you enter here will become your account’s Login Name. This is also where registration information, copies of receipts, etc. will be sent. Click Next when complete.
- Notice that the email address you entered earlier carries over to the Account Information pages to become your Login Name. You need to create a secure password for your account you will be able to remember. All required fills are denoted by a red asterisk (*).
- Once your account has been created you may navigate your main personal page. This area will show you everything that is pertinent to your account. You can add a credit card on file, view account balances, and see transaction and payment history. You may also register family members to the account.
- Congratulations! You are now ready to register for events, reserve facilities, and sign up for activities.
Helpful Hint: Add family members to your account in advance to ensure a smooth registration process. Instructions below.
Adding Family Members
Once you have created an ActiveNet account and logged in, you can add family members to your account following the steps below. You must be at least 13 years old to add a family member.
- On the home page, click "My Account".
- Click "Manage family members" on the bottom right portion of the screen.
- Click "Add family member".
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click "Submit".
- Your family member will now show up as a potential registrant after adding a program to your cart.
Helpful hint: when selecting a birthdate >click inside the box >click the blue month/year at the top of the calendar twice > select year >select month >select day.
Registering for an Activity
Once logged into your account you may select an activity to register for by using the menu across the top or the activity button from the home page.
- On the Activity Page you may search by category, or enter keywords into the search field.
- Select the activity you would like to register for by clicking on “Add to Cart”, or click on the title for more information.
- Select the person who will be the participant for the program you selected. All family members in your account should appear in the drop-down list.
- Answer any additional information requested. Required questions are marked with an asterisk (*). You will need to acknowledge and verify any additional information, forms, or handbooks for the activities selected (if applicable). Then click “Next” at the bottom of the page.
- Fees page: There are different options you may do at this point:
- Finished registering & ready to view cart/pay: click the “Proceed to Shopping Cart” button.
- To enroll a different person for the same activity: click the “Register Another Participant for this Activity” link located under the Shopping Cart button, and follow steps 2-4 again.
- To continue shopping from the activity listing (i.e. to enroll someone (same or different person) in a different activity) click the “Add to Cart & Continue Shopping” link.
- It is NOT necessary to process separate transactions/receipts for each activity/session/program (unless specifically noted).
- In your Shopping Cart, after you have added all participants to all the activities/sessions/programs you want on your receipt, click the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Review and acknowledge any necessary waivers or other included information (open & read attachments!). Once all boxes are completed, click “Next”.
- Enter and verify your payment information. Click “Next”. Note: If you need to register and pay with cash or check, you must register at the MacBain Community Centre.
- Once your transaction is processed, you will be provided the option to view/print your receipt. Your confirmation will be emailed, and your receipt will be saved in “My Account” (top right corner), under “Transaction and Payment History” for future reference.