The MacBain Community Centre opened in 2005 with community partners and tenants that included the YMCA of Niagara, Niagara Falls Public Library, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and the United Way. Since that time many of the original partners have left.
In January of 2021, the YMCA of Niagara announced that they would be permanently leaving the MacBain Community Centre. The YMCA of Niagara continues to operate three branches and to operate programs throughout the Niagara Region. The City looks forward to continuing to work with the YMCA in the future.
The City of Niagara Falls operates all aspects of the Community Centre and looks forward to continuing to serve the community. The Niagara Falls Public Library continues to be a key partner in the facility.
Regular Facility Hours
- Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday CLOSED
Open Sunday’s 7:00 am to 5:00 pm beginning September 10, 2023
Holiday Hours 2023
- Monday, February 20 - Family Day – OPEN – 10 am to 4 pm
- Friday, April 7 - Good Friday – CLOSED
- Monday, April 10 - Easter Monday – CLOSED
- Monday, May 22 - Victoria Day – CLOSED
- Saturday, July 1 - Canada Day – CLOSED
- Monday, August 7 - Civic Holiday – CLOSED
- Monday, September 4 - Labour Day – CLOSED
- Monday, October 9 - Thanksgiving – CLOSED
- Sunday, December 24 – Christmas Eve - CLOSED
- Monday, December 25 – Christmas Day - CLOSED
- Tuesday, December 26 – Boxing Day - CLOSED
- Wednesday, December 27 – OPEN – 8 am to 8 pm
- Thursday, December 28 – OPEN - 8 am to 8 pm
- Friday, December 29 – OPEN - 8 am to 8 pm
- Saturday, December 30 – OPEN – 7 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, December 31 – OPEN – 7 am at 2 pm
- (2024 - Monday, January 1 - CLOSED)
MyCity Customer Service Hours (taxes, water, parking tickets, dog licences)
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The MacBain Community Centre includes a variety of amenities to meet the needs of the community:
- Indoor Pools and Water Slide
- Indoor Track
- Squash and Racquetball Courts
- Meeting Rooms
- Outdoor Park including play structures, fitness equipment, splash pad, pavilion, and skate park. Skate park closed for the month of May for repairs.
Note: Changerooms with showers are available with paid activities. Lockers are available in the change rooms - please bring your own lock.
MacBain Community Centre Tenants and Partners
Meet the partners and tenants that make up this great facility!
Please visit our partner's websites for their current operating hours:
The MacBain Community Centre is equipped with 396 regular parking spaces, along with 15 accessible spaces and 5 specialty spaces reserved for expectant mothers, parents with young children and older adults. Parking is free at the facility.
7150 Montrose Road
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Phone: 905-356-7521, extension 3330