NIAGARA FALLS, ON - The City of Niagara Falls is currently seeking community feedback on the draft Recreation, Culture and Parks Plan. An online public information centre is now live, offering residents and stakeholders the opportunity to view the draft plan, learn more about the scope and goals, and submit comments through an online survey. Public feedback will be received until October 15, 2021.
The Recreation, Culture & Parks Plan will guide the following services provided by the City of Niagara Falls for the next 10 years:
- Indoor and outdoor recreation facilities
- Arts and cultural facilities
- Parks and open spaces
Programs and services offered throughout the municipal recreation, culture and parks system
The Plan advances eight goals that are intended to address the recreation, culture and parks needs of Niagara Falls residents:
- Bring the community together through recreation culture and parks
- Reflect authentic cultural experiences and local history
- Build and revitalize facilities to reinvigorate established neighbourhoods
- Connect people & places to the outdoors
- Embrace natural beauty & sustainability within our public open spaces
- Contribute to complete & vibrant communities
- Improve access to facilities & services across Niagara Falls
- Set the Recreation, Culture & Parks system up for success
Considerable efforts were made throughout the entire planning process to engage all Niagara Falls residents. In addition to the general public, the consultation process sought input from many stakeholders and population groups including community-based providers for recreation, culture and sport, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) and LGTBQ2+ communities, residents from a range of income groups, persons with disabilities, and more. This survey provides the community an additional opportunity to provide feedback and assist in shaping the Plan.
A summary of what we have heard from the community and stakeholders so far can be viewed on letstalk.niagarafalls.ca
Community feedback from the Recreation, Culture and Parks Plan Public Information Centre will be shared with Council at an upcoming meeting.
To learn more and have your say, please visit letstalk.niagarafalls.ca
For more information, contact:
Director of Recreation & Culture
City of Niagara Falls
905-356-7521 ext. 3348