COVID-19 City of Niagara Falls Update: April 7, 2020
Please note the following City of Niagara Falls COVID-19 updates and service changes:
Extension of Park Amenity and Facility Closures:
- The City of Niagara Falls will be extending the closure of all park amenities and facilities, arenas, the off-leash dog parks, and skateboard park until the end of May.
- All scheduled tournaments and events are also cancelled until May 31st.'
Chippawa Boat Launch:
- Due to issues with gatherings of more than 5 people and lack of observance of social distancing protocols, the City is closing access to the Chippawa Boat Launch, located at Sodom Road and Lyons Creek Road.
- The facilities and park equipment areas at the launch are also closed.
City of Niagara Falls Lends Transit Bus to Niagara Health System:
- The City of Niagara Falls is working in cooperation with Niagara Health System (NHS) to provide a cleaned and microbanned Transit bus to assist with prescreening of staff entering the Greater Niagara General (GNG) site.
On-Line COVID-19 Complaint Form for Contravention of Emergency Orders:
- Concerns over a non-essential business operating or a gathering occurring in contravention of emergency orders made under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act will be addressed as follows:
- The City of Niagara Falls Municipal By-Law Enforcement team is available to respond to concerns from the public every day (including weekends) from 8:30am to 8:30pm by completing the COVID-19 Complaint Form or by calling 905-356-7521 ext. 4253/4341.
- After hours, please call Niagara Region’s dispatch line at (905) 984-3690 or 1 (877) 552-5579 for further bylaw response and assistance. Do not call 9-1-1.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are on line and being updated daily:
Posted on: 4/7/2020 3:09 PM
- Category: Media Releases