Calling artists 18+! The City of Niagara Falls 4th Annual Art Show & Competition will take place at the Victoria Avenue Public Library August 2nd-29th, 2019. The competition is open to all Niagara Falls residents and students over the age of 18. There is no fee to enter; however all participants are asked to register online in advance (registration will close two days before the show).
An exhibition of all artwork will be open to the public from 10am August 2nd during regular Library hours. The exhibit will hang for the month of August where everyone can view the collection and vote for their favorite artwork for the People’s Choice Award. A public presentation of the awards by Mayor Diodati will take place on Thursday August 29th at 7pm.
The Awards ceremony will be held on Thursday August 29th at 7pm in the Rosberg Gallery. Cash prizes will be awarded for the top artworks in any medium [painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, digital art, etc.].
- Judge's Choice
- Mayor's Choice
- People's Choice
Trophies will go to the Judges’/Mayor’s Choice and the People’s Choice for the overall best work. All winners will receive an engraved keeper plaque.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Art must be delivered to the Niagara Falls Public Library, Victoria Branch, in the Rosberg Gallery between 10am.- 4pm. on Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Art must be picked up by 8:30pm, Thursday August 29th. Any artwork remaining after August 29th will become the property of the City of Niagara Falls. All works must be signed out before they are taken home.
- Each artist may submit one work of art to the contest.
- Artwork must be original and cannot have been entered in this competition previously.
- Artwork must be ready to hang.
- Artwork must fit through a standard height door, no larger than 36” x 96” (91 cm x 2.4 m).
- Artwork must be labeled clearly on the back or underside (for blind judging purposes) with the artist’s name, age, and phone number. All works will be labeled at intake.
- No consumable materials will be used in the manufacture of any artwork.
- Winners’ names and photos may be published in the local media.
- Winner’s artwork will be requested to be on display at City Hall for the month of September.
- The City of Niagara Falls assures that reasonable care will be taken in the handling of all artwork, but does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
All art must be delivered to the Library on Thursday August 1st from 10am. to 4pm. The competition will be closed to the public until Friday, August 2nd between 9am - 10am for judging. An exhibition of all artwork will be open to the public during regular Library hours at 10am. A public presentation of the awards will take place on Thursday August 29th at 7pm, after which time pieces of art can be removed by their owners.
The 4th Annual Art Show & Competition is presented by the Niagara Falls Culture Committee.
For more information, contact:
Kim Van Stygeren
Cultural Program Assistant
City of Niagara Falls