Niagara Falls, ON, April 25, 2017 – The City of Niagara Falls invites you to visit the MacBain Community Centre for a StoryWalk on Sunday, April 30, 2017 between 1pm and 4pm for a stroll along the recreational trail to read Jeremy Tankard's children's book Grumpy Bird.
The StoryWalk, available in both French and English, is an opportunity for children to experience reading a book while walking through an outdoor area such as a park, trail, or neighborhood. StoryWalks promote literacy, outdoor physical activity, and encourage parent and community involvement.
Our StoryWalk is offered through our friends at the Niagara Falls Public Library in partnership with the various organizations that reside at the MacBain Community Centre. This upcoming StoryWalk will be Canadian theme in celebration of our Country's 150th birthday. Bring your family and invite your friends to the MacBain Community Centre.
Other Event Highlights and Offerings:
- Ontario Early Years Centre will be offering an interactive play program outside at the MacBain playground for both parents and children.
- The United Way of Niagara Falls and Greater Fort Erie with help from Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Niagara Falls will be offering a free children’s craft.
- Life Leadership will be offering new or gently used books to children up to the age of 12 for free.
- Mayor Jim Diodati will gather with a group of children at the book give-a-way to read a Canadian story to promote the love of reading and literacy in youth.
- All children will be receiving at least one book of their choice when they finish their journey at the end of the StoryWalk compliments of Life Leadership.
- Free yogurt give-a-ways compliments of Abby's Cafe.
- Enjoy a free piece of Canada 150 cake compliments of Rotary Club of Niagara Falls.
- Free Canada 150 celebration give-a-ways.
For more information:
Jeff Guarasci, Community Development Coordinator, City of Niagara Falls, Recreation & Culture
Phone: 905-356-7521 ext.3341 Email: email@example.com