City of Niagara Falls COVID-19 Updates and Service Changes
Please note the following City of Niagara Falls COVID-19 updates and service changes:
Playground and Dog Parks:
- At this time, all playgrounds across the City have been posted advising residents that the play structures are not sanitized and they should be used at individuals own risk.
- Signs have also been posted at both dog parks to indicate that sanitizing is not being done on gates and structures.
Water and Sewer
The Water Meter Replacement Program has been suspended until further notice.
- Water and sewer emergencies continue to be handled by Environmental Services crews.
- Niagara Falls Transit has reduced weekday service to a Sunday schedule, operating hourly, 7am to 9pm until further notice.
- WEGO is providing WINTER level service, operating the Red Line from 7am - 11pm, and the Blue Line from 9:30am to 9pm until further notice.
- Chair-A-Van is providing trips on a reduced schedule to currently registered riders only. We are advising registered riders to call St. John's Ambulance at 905-357-0122 for more information about how this affects them.
- Rear door boarding only on all buses has been instituted, effective today.
- The Transit fleet has been microbanned and upgraded sanitation measures taken.
- All Transit changes are in effect until April 6, 2020, when service levels and procedures will be reviewed.
FAQ on City Services
Posted on: 3/23/2020 4:07 PM
- Category: Media Releases