Skating Schedule & Walking Track Information
ALL RECREATIONAL SKATES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Registration and payment required online via MaxGalaxy. (Instructions)
Adult/Senior Skating Schedule*
Monday: 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Tiny Tots Skating Schedule*
Wednesday: 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Thursday: 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
*Schedules subject to change
GALE CENTRE WALKING TRACK
UPDATE: The indoor track is closed for the duration of the April 2021 Provincial Emergency Brake.
Reservations are required and subject to capacity limits and COVID-19 screening upon arrival.
New online booking system! Residents of Niagara Falls, Ontario, ages 16+, are welcome to use the indoor walking track at the Gale Centre, free of charge. Walking sessions will be available weekdays from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. (except holidays; subject to change). Up to 10, half-hour walking sessions may be reserved per week and sessions may be reserved up to 1 week in advance.
Read the step-by-step guide to the new booking system.
- April 2 & 5 (Good Friday, Easter Monday)
Subscribe to Recreation & Culture e-news for updates
Please review the following information before visiting the Gale Centre indoor walking track:
- Track use is only available for residents of the City of Niagara Falls. Photo I.D. is to be presented upon arrival.
- All guests must complete a COVID-19 screening process upon entry of the building.
- Contact tracing is required during the screening process in order to enter the building.
- Washrooms, refillable water fountains and an elevator will be available and cleaned daily.
- A coat rack will be available for track users.
- There are no lockers or other secure storage space.
- The City requests that all guests bring a clean pair of indoor walking shoes to wear while on the track. Outdoor boots, wet shoes, sandals or slippers are not permitted.
- Food or drink are not permitted in the track area, except refillable water bottles.
- Walking is permitted.
- Running or jogging is not permitted.
- Be courteous to others and mind your time. Please do not overstay your allotted time on the track.
Skating & Hockey Programs at the Gale Centre: Cancelled until further notice
Skating Admission Prices (HST Included)
- Public Skating - Child / Student/Senior: $3
- Public Skating - Adult: $3.75
- Public Skating - Family Pass: $7
- Adult/Senior Skating: $3
- Adult Stick and Puck: $5
- Tiny Tots Skating: $3
- Ticket Ice: $5
Pay as you Play Prices (HST Included)
- Pay as you play 18+: $5
- Pay as you Play 65+ & 70+: $3
- Youth Stick & Puck: $5 for parent and child, $2 per extra child
- Ladies Pay as you Play: $8
- Sledge Hockey $5
Rules and Guidelines
Participants are asked to observe the following safety rules for the enjoyment of all participants:
- Sign-ins will not be accepted until 1/2 hour prior to program start time.
- Proof of payment (i.e. bracelet) may be required prior to entering ice surface.
- Profanity and improper behaviour will NOT be permitted.
- Report all accidents or injuries to skate patrol or arena staff members immediately.
- All participants must wear skates while on the ice surface.
- ALL participants age 15 and under are required to wear helmets for all programs. The City of Niagara Falls recommends that all participants wear a C.S.A. approved hockey helmet.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, or anyone under the influence will not be permitted on the premises.
- No personal instruction allowed during any of the public skates.
- Designated for figure skating practice only; skaters must be registered with Skate Canada.
- Children 12 or under must be supervised on or off the ice by an adult; coaches accompanying skaters are free.
Saturday Public Skating Gale Centre (maximum 175 skaters)
- No skating aids, chairs, sleds, pylons, hockey sticks, pucks and other obstructions are permitted on the ice surface.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the ice surface or players bench.
- No horseplay. Games such as tag or racing, as well as backwards skating, figure skating maneuvers or erratic skating are not permitted
- Refrain from carrying children.
- Do not throw ice or snow.
- Please skate at a sensible speed, adhere to the directions of skate patrol and/or arena staff members.
Saturday Chippawa & Sunday Public Skating Gale Centre (maximum 50 skaters)
- Skating aids permitted in designated area only.
- Chairs, sleds, pylons, hockey sticks, pucks and other obstructions are not permitted on the ice surface.
Adult/Senior Skate (maximum 20 skaters)
- Hockey sticks, pucks & other obstructions are not permitted on the ice.
- Please skate at a sensible speed, adhere to the directions of arena staff members.
Tiny Tots Skate (maximum 30 participants)
- Skating aids are permitted.
- Refrain from carrying children.
Pay as you Play Hockey (maximum 30 players)
- Full equipment and a light and dark jersey are required.
- Slap Shots are not permitted.
- No checking or fighting.
- Goalies skate for free.
Stick & Puck (maximum 40 participants)
- A parent (Adult 18 years +) is required to be on the ice with their children.
- Parents (Adults) are responsible to supervise their children on the ice.
- Slap shots are not permitted.
- Organized games or practices are NOT permitted.
- Please see above and follow posted rules.
- Participants are required to supply their own sledge and equipment. Children 12 or under must be supervised on or off the ice by an adult.
The facility is not responsible for accidents or lost or stolen items. Participants skate at their own risk.