The City of Niagara Falls offers seven natural outdoor ice rinks (seasonally and weather permitting). At this time, we're building ice and monitoring the 14-day weather forecasts. For updates anytime, call our hotline: (905) 356-7521 ext 3399.
Follow us on Instagram for more winter recreation updates: @niagarafallsrecreation and check out our interactive Winter Activities Map.
Parks with natural outdoor ice rinks:
- Chippawa West Park* 9327 Emerald Av
- John N Allen Park 6980 Kalar Rd
- Keigan Park 8030 Beaverton Blvd
- Maple Park 5100 Maple St
- Mt Carmel Park 7806 Mt Carmel Blvd
- Preakness Park 7857 Preakness St
- Riverview Park* 8175 Sarah St
*Our attempts to build ice at the two Chippawa rinks have been unsuccessful so far this season. Municipal Works plans to address the drainage issues at both sites in the spring. If the situation resolves (or if new rinks become available) updates will be posted here.
Please help us keep our parks clean, safe and enjoyable. For maintenance concerns please call the Municipal Service Centre at 905-356-1355.
- This is a free, public use facility. Please have respect for each other.
- There is a risk associated with the activity of skating and hockey, persons who use this ice surface do so at their own risk.
- Outdoor rinks are natural and therefore can be uneven, users are encouraged to survey ice surface prior to use.
- The skating rink will be closed on days of inclement weather or if poor ice conditions exist. Rink status will be identified by GREEN (Open) and RED (Closed) signs.
- Helmets and protective safety gear are strongly recommended.
- Children should be supervised.
- Food, drinks, glass objects, and pets are not allowed on the ice.
- Smoking/vaping, alcohol, and drugs are not allowed on or near the ice.
- Rink is open daily dawn to dusk.
STAY SAFE & HAVE FUN!
The Rzone procedure enforces no tolerance of violence, vandalism and inappropriate behaviour for participants and the public.