Skating Schedule & Walking Track Information
TINY TOTS SKATING & ADULT/SENIOR SKATING BEGINS NOVEMBER 2ND
(ONLINE REGISTRATION & PAYMENT REQUIRED)
Adult/Senior Skating: Monday 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. & Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Tiny Tots Skating: Wednesday 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & Thursday 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
*Schedule subject to change
GALE CENTRE WALKING TRACK - OPENING OCTOBER 19TH FOR LIMITED HOURS
The Gale Centre walking track is free of charge and open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. (until further notice):
The walking track will be closed on the following days:
- December 24th, 25th & 26th (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day)
- January 1st (New Years Day)
- February 15th (Family Day)
- April 2nd & 5th (Good Friday, Easter Monday)
Skating & Hockey Programs at the Gale Centre - Canceled until further notice
Skating Admission Prices (HST Included)
- Public Skating - Child / Student/Senior: $3
- Public Skating - Adult: $3.75
- Public Skating - Family Pass: $7
- Adult/Senior Skating: $3
- Adult Stick and Puck: $5
- Tiny Tots Skating: $3
- Ticket Ice: $5
Pay as you Play Prices (HST Included)
- Pay as you play 18+: $5
- Pay as you Play 65+ & 70+: $3
- Youth Stick & Puck: $5 for parent and child, $2 per extra child
- Ladies Pay as you Play: $8
- Sledge Hockey $5
Rules and Guidelines
Participants are asked to observe the following safety rules for the enjoyment of all participants:
- Sign-ins will not be accepted until 1/2 hour prior to program start time.
- Proof of payment (i.e. bracelet) may be required prior to entering ice surface.
- Profanity and improper behaviour will NOT be permitted.
- Report all accidents or injuries to skate patrol or arena staff members immediately.
- All participants must wear skates while on the ice surface.
- ALL participants age 15 and under are required to wear helmets for all programs. The City of Niagara Falls recommends that all participants wear a C.S.A. approved hockey helmet.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, or anyone under the influence will not be permitted on the premises.
- No personal instruction allowed during any of the public skates.
- Designated for figure skating practice only; skaters must be registered with Skate Canada.
- Children 12 or under must be supervised on or off the ice by an adult; coaches accompanying skaters are free.
Saturday Public Skating Gale Centre (maximum 175 skaters)
- No skating aids, chairs, sleds, pylons, hockey sticks, pucks and other obstructions are permitted on the ice surface.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the ice surface or players bench.
- No horseplay. Games such as tag or racing, as well as backwards skating, figure skating maneuvers or erratic skating are not permitted
- Refrain from carrying children.
- Do not throw ice or snow.
- Please skate at a sensible speed, adhere to the directions of skate patrol and/or arena staff members.
Saturday Chippawa & Sunday Public Skating Gale Centre (maximum 50 skaters)
- Skating aids permitted in designated area only.
- Chairs, sleds, pylons, hockey sticks, pucks and other obstructions are not permitted on the ice surface.
Adult/Senior Skate (maximum 20 skaters)
- Hockey sticks, pucks & other obstructions are not permitted on the ice.
- Please skate at a sensible speed, adhere to the directions of arena staff members.
Tiny Tots Skate (maximum 30 participants)
- Skating aids are permitted.
- Refrain from carrying children.
Pay as you Play Hockey (maximum 30 players)
- Full equipment and a light and dark jersey are required.
- Slap Shots are not permitted.
- No checking or fighting.
- Goalies skate for free.
Stick & Puck (maximum 40 participants)
- A parent (Adult 18 years +) is required to be on the ice with their children.
- Parents (Adults) are responsible to supervise their children on the ice.
- Slap shots are not permitted.
- Organized games or practices are NOT permitted.
- Please follow posted rules.
- Participants are required to supply their own sledge and equipment. Children 12 or under must be supervised on or off the ice by an adult.
The facility is not responsible for accidents or lost or stolen items. Participants skate at their own risk.