NEW! Proof of Vaccination
As of September 22, patrons must be fully vaccinated (2 doses + 14 days) to enter a recreational facility. This applies to adults (18+) accessing the facility for any purpose, including parents or guardians of youth participating in an organized sport, walkers (track users) and the general public. This also applies to youth (12+) who are spectating and not actively participating.
You will be asked to provide your proof of vaccination ("fully vaccinated receipt") along with government-issued ID. The name and birthdate on each document must match.
Learn how to get and use your vaccine receipt
- youth under the age of 18 who are actively participating in an organized sport (practices, games, competitions)
- workers and volunteers, including coaches and officials
- patrons who provide the necessary paperwork proving they qualify for exemption, as identified by the Ontario government
Read our Frequently asked questions (FAQs).
See also, Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Government of Ontario's new requirement for proof of vaccinations.
Active Screening of All Players, Coaches, Spectators
Screening of all people that enter the facility is a requirement of the Province. We are placing that responsibility on the contract holder. It is the responsibility of the contract holder to get all players, coaches and spectators to sign the sheet that is stationed outside of the rink you are using. As mentioned, this is a requirement by the Province so the City of Niagara Falls expects this to be done by everyone in your group for each rental. Failure to complete the form may result in ice contracts being cancelled.
NEW Facility Protocols and Rules
- FRONT ENTRANCE OPEN ONLY, BACK DOORS REMAIN CLOSED
- MAX 50 ON ICE PARTICIPANTS
- MAX 100 SPECTATORS ON RINKS 2, 3, 4
- MAX 350 SPECTATORS ON RINK 1
- ARRIVE 30 MINS PRIOR TO YOUR RENTAL TIME
- VACATE ROOM AND FACILITY A MAX OF 30 MINS AFTER RENTAL
- DRESSING ROOMS OPEN, CAPACITY LIMITS POSTED AND EXTRA CHAIRS OUTSIDE ROOMS PROVIDED
- GAME PLAY AND SCRIMMAGES PERMITTED
- MASKS REMAIN MANDATORY, EVEN IN CHANGE ROOMS
- MAIN CORRIDOR REMAINS CLOSED
- SPECTATORS ASKED TO VACATE CORRIDOR AFTER EACH RENTAL
If you have any questions about the new protocols or rules, please call 905-356-7521 ext 3340.
GALE CENTRE WALKING TRACK
Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (evenings and weekends not available at this time)
Screening is required so all walkers must check in at the front desk prior to accessing the walking track. If you have any questions, please contact us at 905-356-7521 Ext. 5601.
The City of Niagara Falls arena facilities offer professional-quality ice surfaces for sports and events. We have two arenas providing a total of five ice surfaces in Niagara Falls. The Gale Centre has four pads of ice available for booking along with various meeting rooms (Seating and Floor Plan) and a library vending machine.
Chippawa Willoughby Memorial Arena has a single surface and is open throughout the fall and winter (unless otherwise posted).
Gale Centre (4 Pad)5152 Thorold Stone Rd
Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2E 0A2
905-356-7521 ext 5601
Gale Centre Links
Chippawa Willoughby Memorial Arena9000 Sodom Road
Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2E 6S6
Chippawa Willoughby Memorial Arena Links
RZone Policy and Incident Reports
The City of Niagara Falls has a policy in place for all of our facilities regarding the enforcement of vandalism, abuse, harassment and more. You can view the policy, brochure and incident report on the Niagara Falls RZone page.
For ice rental information and inquiries, visit our Ice Bookings page.