Congratulations and thank you to all who participated in the 2021 City of Niagara Falls Sparkle Awards presented by Niagara Peninsula Energy Inc. The Sparkle Awards highlight local properties with spectacular outdoor holiday lighting displays. Free and open to all properties in Niagara Falls from December 13 to 24. All entries will be eligible to win one of five prize packs courtesy of NPEI (by random draw) AND we have 10 x $100 People's Choice awards (voting opens Dec 13 at 6 p.m. and closed Dec 20 at 11:59 PM).
We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season and a bright new year!
Top 10 (People's Choice)
The following displays received the most votes throughout the competition. Each has won a $100 gift card. Winners will be contacted by December 23 to confirm their mailing address.
6430 Dorchester Road (203 votes)
3948 St. James Avenue (184 votes)
6250 Margaret Street (127 votes)
7373 Redhaven Crescent (113 votes)
5269 Second Avenue (98 votes)
7377 Redhaven Crescent (75 votes)
5422 Hamilton Street (65 votes)
8551 Milomir Street (57 votes)
5990 Lyons Creek Road (55 votes)
6095 Arad Street (55 votes)
NPEI Prize Pack Winners (5)
The following participants were selected randomly using Google's Random Number Generator. Each has won a festive prize pack valued at $100 courtesy of NPEI. Each prize pack includes a Canadian Tire gift certificate, NOMA lights and timer, sparkly baubles and more. Thank you!
4404 Shuttleworth Drive
6062 Tampa Court
5416 Hamilton Street
8024 Paddock Trail Drive
6545 Murray Street
(Winners will be contacted by December 23 to confirm prize collection dates.)
View larger map - Let the City know you like this map, send the Information Systems Department a Staff Shout Out.
- 1-6091 PROSPECT ST
- 1964 PORTAGE RD
- 19-6905 WARDEN AV
- 3133 SECORD PL
- 3164 PORTAGE RD
- 3260 FAIRWAY RD
- 3280 FAIRWAY RD
- 3604 BRIDGEWATER ST
- 3627 MARLBOROUGH PL
- 3831 PORTAGE RD
- 3913 WELLAND ST
- 3948 ST JAMES AV
- 4026 MONTCALM CR
- 4175 DRUMMOND RD
- 4404 SHUTTLEWORTH DR
- 4407 PADDOCK TRAIL DR
- 4861 LAW AV
- 4916 ST CLAIR AV
- 4962 EPSOM CT
- 4972 JEPSON ST
- 5059 FIFTH AV
- 5164 JEPSON ST
- 5269 SECOND AV
- 5364 BEAVER VALLEY WY
- 5416 HAMILTON ST
- 5422 HAMILTON ST
- 5517 PRINCE EDWARD AV
- 5588 HERITAGE DR
- 5-7775 JUBILEE DR
- 5781 DUNN ST
- 5809 SPRING ST
- 5817 ASPEN CT
- 5847 THERESA ST
- 5990 LYONS CREEK RD
- 6036 CHURCH'S LN
- 6062 TAMPA CT
- 6088 ARAD ST
- 6095 ARAD ST
- 6123 ALTHEA ST
- 6168 MURRAY ST
- 6250 MARGARET ST
- 6302 SKINNER ST
- 6365 BARKER ST
- 6430 DORCHESTER RD
- 6439 FREDERICA ST
- 6521 DOREEN DR
- 6533 CALEDONIA ST
- 6540 MURRAY ST
- 6545 MURRAY ST
- 6548 DUNN ST
- 6552 ARMELINA CR
- 6657 SEBASTIAN CR
- 6771 RIALL ST
- 6916 DEVON DR
- 7022 BONNIE ST
- 7080 SCHISLER RD
- 7088 BRIARWOOD AV
- 7373 REDHAVEN CR
- 7377 REDHAVEN CR
- 7385 ALEX AV
- 7386 SUNHAVEN DR
- 7510 CANTERBURY CR
- 7528 DORCHESTER RD
- 8024 PADDOCK TRAIL DR
- 8037 AINTREE DR
- 8072 KENSINGTON CT
- 8090 WOODSVIEW CR
- 8309 TULIP TREE DR
- 8551 MILOMIR STREET
- 8660 REGAN DR
There are four ways to participate:
- Create a holiday lighting display and enter online (now closed) to qualify for one of five random draw prizes courtesy of NPEI and (new!) compete to win one of ten prizes by popular vote.
- Follow the Sparkle Map and take your family on a tour of the city to enjoy all of the spectacular displays.
- Vote online for your favourite displays!
- Share your photos and videos to our Facebook Event to encourage visits, campaign for votes, and connect with your fellow competitors.
How to Enter
- enter online (now closed) to register your property between December 6 and 10 (by 2 p.m.)
- create and light your display by 6 p.m. on December 13 (and light it each night from 6 to 10 p.m.)
- let everyone know they can vote for you and help us promote this community-wide event by including your Official Sparkle Awards Entry lawn sign in your display. If you don't have one from last year, you can pick one up for free at the MacBain Centre (we're here Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30)
Energy Saving Tips from NPEI
- Eliminate drafts and leaks with inexpensive weather stripping and/or caulking.
- Install more insulation in your attic and through your home to keep the warm air in.
- Light the way with energy-efficient LEDs during the shorter days.
- Install a programmable thermostat and turn the temperature down when you are away from home or sleeping.
- Wrap your hot water tank in a water tank blanket.
- Keep your vents clear to ensure warm air is flowing into your house uninterrupted.
- Close your curtains to keep the warm air in and the cold air out.
- Replace your furnace if it’s getting old with a new energy-efficient model.
- Replace your furnace’s air filters to use less energy and increase its lifespan.
- Keep doors to unused rooms in your house closed to keep the heat in areas you are using.
Official Contest Entry & Voting Rules (Updated Dec 10)
- No purchase necessary.
- Open to residential and commercial properties in the City of Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Competition dates are Monday, December 13 through Monday, December 20, between the hours of 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Voting may take place anytime between 6 p.m. on Dec 13 and 11:59 p.m. on Dec 20. Assessments should be made from the curbside or sidewalk only.
- Special Effects/Lighting/Inflatables must be operating each night during the competition (until 10 p.m.)
- Contest is limited to exterior decorations, which should be well lit so they can be easily be seen from the curbside.
- Decorations must not cover/interfere with any fire safety equipment, roadways or sidewalks/walkways.
- Please do not block traffic or driveways when stopping to view the displays.
- Please do not interfere with the displays.
- Keep everything PG-13.
- Photos & Media: participants must agree to have photos of their displays and their addresses posted online, including, at the sole discretion of the City: the Sparkle Map, voting forms, and our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter).
For more information on the Sparkle Awards, please email or call Recreation & Culture at 905-356-7521 ext.3341 during regular business hours.