CANADA DAY WEEKEND CELEBRATIONS
Friday, July 1st to Sunday, July 3rd
Join us in celebrating an action-packed Canada Day long weekend across the city.
FREE activities all weekend long!
CANADA DAY PARADE
Friday, July 1 starting at 11:00 am
Festivities kick off with the annual Canada Day Parade, sponsored by Ontario Power Generation, taking place on Friday, July 1 from 11 am to 12:30 pm in the heart of downtown Niagara Falls. Project SHARE will be collecting donations along the parade route - don’t forget to bring your non-perishable food items!
After the parade, be sure to support local and enjoy a bite to eat from one of the many restaurants on Queen Street.
Parade route: The parade starts at Victoria Avenue & Armoury Street and heads north on Victoria Avenue, turns right on Valley Way, then continues down Queen Street, ending at Erie Avenue.
Volunteering: Interested in volunteering? Spots are still available! Fill out the form attached here
NIAGARA FALLS HISTORY MUSEUM
Friday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Free admission! Canada Day themed activities at the Niagara Falls History Museum including shows by the Reptile Kingdom, live music, art, crafts, a scavenger hunt, and more! Food from 905 Hotdog Pound available to purchase!
All of the activities are FREE!
Registration encouraged for the Reptile Kingdom Shows at 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm. Show added at 11:30!!! To snag your spot, please click HERE.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Free admission! Wear red and white! Fun games and prizes PLUS complementary freezies and Canada themed cookies (while quantities last)!
- July 1 - 1:00 to 4:00 pm @ Prince Charles Pool - Jurassic Adventure Land (bouncy castle with slide!!)
- July 1 - 1:00 to 4:00 pm @ FH Leslie Pool - Animal Kingdom Toddler Unit (for small children up to the age of 8 - bounce and explore!)
NIAGARA FALLS FARMERS’ MARKET
(MacBain Community Centre Parking Lot)
Saturday 7:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Spin the Wheel- guaranteed prizes. Chances to WIN bottles of Sandhills maple syrup, maple candies, temporary tattoos and Farmers’ Market bags.
- Sunrise morning Yoga with Dianne Ellis- by donation. 50% of proceeds go towards Niagara Nutrition Partners
- Special performance by Jamie Moore who will be singing acoustic songs by Canadian artists 10am-12noon
- Outdoor family games
- Head in the hole fun photo opportunity
- Canada themed kids craft
- All your favorite Niagara Falls Farmers’ Market vendors!
GALE CENTRE ARENA
Sunday 2:15 to 4:15 pm
Free admission to Public Skating for anyone wearing red & white!
For further information contact:
Nathan Smith, Community Development Coordinator
905-356-7521 X 3345