Canada Day - Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Canada Day in Niagara Falls has been a tradition in our beautiful City for over 30 years, bringing our entire community together, for residents and visitors to enjoy and share our special bond of living in one of the greatest countries in the world and celebrating our freedom, values and diversity.
This special celebration, presented by the Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team, is the largest Canada Day celebration in the Niagara Region and one of the largest Canada Day Celebrations in Ontario. Please join us this year on Canada Day.
- Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Location: Queen Street (Downtown Niagara Falls) and surrounding city streets
- Check back for updates!
THANK YOU to all who participated in our 2019 Canada Day Celebration! It was a beautiful day with over 20,000 people in attendance. We could not have done it without our generous sponsors and volunteers!
2019 OPG Canada Day Parade Grand Marshalls
The Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team is thrilled and honoured to announce that Reed Wales, six year-old cancer survivor from Niagara Falls, and Tom Rankin, Niagara philanthropist, have been selected as our two Parade Grand Marshalls for this year’s OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade.
On April 13, 2015, Reed was diagnosed with High Risk Early T-Cell Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia exactly two months shy of his second birthday. What followed was 108 weeks of treatment including cranial radiation, chemotherapy, and numerous operations. Reed received his last dose of chemotherapy in May 2017. He will be completing kindergarten this year and entering grade 1 in September. Reed is very active and healthy. Hospital visits are down to every three months and Reed has entered a new phase of follow up where the focus is on the long term effects of chemotherapy on children.
Niagara resident Tom Rankin has made a huge impact in our community with his care and commitment, loyalty and investment in humanitarian needs and causes. His company, Rankin Construction, has made significant contributions to the Niagara Health System, Hospice Niagara, Goodwill Niagara, Jericho House, Pathstone Foundation, and Wellspring Niagara. One of the most significant contributions is Tom Rankin’s commitment to the Rankin Cancer Run that has helped raise millions of dollars that have come right back to benefit special people like Reed Wales in the Niagara community. Tom Rankin has been awarded with the T. Roy Adams Humanitarian Award, the CCA Person of the Year Award, and many other awards.
- 1K & 5K Run/Walk for St. John Ambulance starting at Oakes Park - Registration begins at 8:00 am, Sign-up here
- Citizenship Ceremony in the Niagara Falls Public Library - 9:15 am
- OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade – begins at 11:00 am at the corner of Victoria and Armoury and travels to Queen Street
- Opening Ceremonies on the Main Stage at 12:30 pm
- Live Performances on the Main Stage - Fabulous Tribute Acts: Freddie Mercury, Abbamania with Cher, Janis Joplin, Madonna, & Elton John!!
- Trampoline & Powertrack Show
- Canada Day Artisan Area & Enchanted Fairy Land
- Canada Day Car Show sponsored by Brock Ford Sales and hosted by Cruising on the Q
- Free Birthday Cake courtesy of Portage Bakery for the first 3,000 guests
- Scotiabank Children’s Zone with free rock climbing wall, inflatables, and more!
- Extreme Sports Area with BMX demos and Hoola Hoop Fun Zone
- Bike Valet - ride your bike to the Canada Day Celebration and drop it off in the Bike Valet
- Food Trucks, vendors, & community groups
- For the complete schedule, visit the Niagara Falls Canada Day Celebration Event Schedule page.
Special Guest: Miss Universe Canada 2018, Marta Stepien:
With an 11 year international modeling career, and the title of Miss Universe Canada, Marta has worked and travelled the globe, experiencing different cultures, thus allowing her to better understand the people and world around her. She is fluent in Polish, English, as well as conversational French and German. Marta is entering her last year of biomedical engineering technology and has an interest in genetics and immunology, and has worked as an applied researcher. As Miss Universe Canada 2018, Marta utilized her title to raise awareness for date rape drug survivors, a cause immensely close to her heart.
Register to volunteer here!
Every year, more than 100 volunteers help welcome thousands of guests who take part in the free festivities organized by the Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team. Volunteering is a great way to have fun, get involved in your community, build experience, meet new people, and show your Canadian pride. Volunteers must be at least 12 years old, enjoy working with the public, and be able to commit to a minimum of four (4) hours of volunteer work.
Volunteer positions are needed for the following areas:
- 1K & 5K Run marshalls
- Parade Staging
- Parade banner carriers & costumes
- Parade Marshalls
- Queen Street Set Up & Tear Down
- Children’s Inflatables, Family Mini-Putt Area
- Stagehands / Runners
- Talent / Volunteer Assistants
- Picture Boards Greeters
- Information Kiosk
- Survey Assistants
For a complete listing of activities, please visit the Canada Day Celebration Event Schedule page.
Vendor Submissions has closed for 2019. Questions? Send us an email.
Sponsorship and Vendor Opportunities
Please contact Lori Albanese for sponsorship and vendor information.
Media Release - June 10, 2019 Canada Day
Media Release - June 17, 2019 Canada Day Parade Grand Marshalls