Canada Day in Niagara Falls on Queen Street
Sunday, July 1, 2018
Canada Day in Niagara Falls has been a tradition in our beautiful City for over 30 years, bringing our entire community together, for residents and visitors to enjoy and share our special bond of living in one of the greatest countries in the world and celebrating our freedom, values and diversity.
This special celebration, presented by the Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team, is the largest Canada Day celebration in the Niagara Region and one of the largest Canada Day Celebrations in Ontario. Please join us this year on Canada Day.
- Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018
- Location: Queen Street (Downtown Niagara Falls) and surrounding city streets
- 1K & 5K Run for St. John Ambulance - location at Oakes Park at 9:00 am, Registration at 8:00 am
- OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade – along Victoria & Queen at 11:00 am Sharp!
- Opening Ceremonies at City Hall on Queen at 12:30 pm
- Performances on the City Hall Main Stage by world renowned magician Greg Frewin, and The Legends–a Tribute to Adele, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga & Rod Stewart
- Art Show hosted by Niagara Arts Showcase
- Car Show sponsored by Brock Ford Sales and hosted by Cruising on the Q
- Free Birthday cake for the first 3,000 guests
- Scotiabank Children’s Zone with a NEW 70' Zip Line, free rock climbing wall, inflatables, and more!
- Toronto FC MLS Cup Toronto FC Trophy Tour
- Extreme Sports with Chill Zone
- Bike Valet
- Food Trucks, vendors, & community groups
- For the complete schedule, visit the Niagara Falls Canada Day Celebration Event Schedule page.
Friday, June 29 from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Jazz After 4 at Niagara Falls City Hall
Saturday, June 30 from 1:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Busk 4 A Cause at Niagara Falls City Hall
Check back often for updates!
Every year more than 100 volunteers help welcome thousands of guests who take part in the free festivities organized by the Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team. Volunteering is a great way to build experience, get involved in your community, meet new people and show your Canadian pride. Volunteers must be at least 12 years old, enjoy working with the public, and be able to commit to a minimum of four (4) hours of volunteer work.
Volunteer positions are needed for the following areas:
- 1K & 5K Run marshalls
- Parade Staging
- Parade banner carriers & costumes
- Parade Marshalls
- Queen Street Set Up & Tear Down
- Children’s Inflatables, Family Mini-Putt Area
- Stagehands / Runners
- Talent / Volunteer Assistants
- Picture Boards Greeters
- Information Kiosk
- Survey Assistants
For a complete listing of activities, please visit the Canada Day Celebration Event Schedule page.
Submission deadline was Friday, May 4th, 2018. Questions? Send us an email.
Sponsorship and Vendor Opportunities
Please contact Lori Albanese for sponsorship and vendor information.
Media Release - 2018 Canada Day Parade