What are we looking for?
Installation Artists – are invited to submit a proposal outlining their involvement in the Night(s) of Art based on the following installation options (please note available fees for each piece are indicated below and the artist is asked to work within that budget). Artists may create proposals for as many projects as they wish, but may be awarded only one.
- THREE Installations (large enough to have a very strong visual presence) Budget: $1500 each
- ONE Window Installations: paint or wheat paste (10 windows with recognizable recurring theme, approx. 3’x3’. Location TBD) Budget: $1500
All installations must be strong, stable and secure, weighted down and/or attached to an existing structure or post. They must withstand the elements for a minimum of four days, with the potential of extending the display duration. All installations are pending approval of business owners and structural restrictions.
THEME: Lawn Party: Lawn, Earth, Garden Art – ethereal, fun or extreme
Artists will also be required to make a short video detailing the creation of their piece (example: time lapse of creation, video diary of creation/progress, explanation of piece, etc.). This video will be used at the event and shared on social media for promotional purposes.
Note for performance artists and artists/artisans looking to sell their work unfortunately due to the constraints of social distancing and the very different nature of this year’s event, we are unable to accept applications for performance artists and artists/artisans looking to sell their artwork.
Prior to the submission of their proposal, all artists must book a MANDATORY virtual conversation with event organizers to informally discuss their potential piece. Email [email protected] to organize. Please reach out to organizers by July 2, 2021.
Residents and students of Niagara are encouraged to apply. Proposals will be carefully reviewed and selected based on originality and interaction with the lawn and urban streetscape. Standard conflict of interest guidelines apply.
Artists are asked to submit their proposals by email to [email protected]. All proposals must be submitted no later July 18, 2021 at midnight.
In your proposal, please include:
- Full name, mailing address, and phone number
- Which artistic piece you are proposing to create
- A brief description of your concept including size, number of components, etc.
- A rough materials budget
- A rough sketch of piece(s)
- Clear description regarding stabilization and installation of piece(s)
- Four (4) JPEGs (formatted: LastName_Initial_NOA#1-4), a web link, or video documentation representing your work
- A short biography
All proposals will receive individual follow-up regardless of outcome. For more information, please contact: [email protected]
The City of Niagara Falls reserves the right to reject any or all submissions.