Important Parade Setup Information
Parade Set Up Time is at 9:00 am along Armoury and Jepson Streets
All vehicles and floats must be in place at this time!
Please travel in from Valley Way to your location. Staff & Volunteers will be nearby to assist with directions. Armoury Street and Jepson Street will be closed in the set up area from 7:30 am.
Niagara Transit will provide a Free Parade Shuttle for Parade Participants from 8:30 am - 9:30 am from City Hall, at corner on Erie Avenue to the Parade Set Staging Area
Official Parade will begin at 11:00 am.
Parade Entries – Please Remember
- Set Up time is at 9:00 am on July 1
- Once the Parade begins, Stay 10 metres apart from the entry in front and back of you.
- No stopping to perform.
- Stay in a forward motion only during Parade!
- Do not throw candy or any items from a moving vehicle.
- Decorate your entry in a Canada Day Theme! Music and Singing are encouraged!
- ALL Mascots MUST have at least One Handler & Walk on the sidelines of the Parade!
- Please review the Parade Rules
- Remember to send in your completed insurance form
- Join in the festivities on Queen Street after the Parade!
The Volunteer Check In, Information Office and St. John Ambulance First Aid Room will be located inside the new BIZ Office at 4323 Queen Street, across from City Hall.
To Property Owners & Residents
Please be advised that the official Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade will take place on July 1 starting at 11:00 am. We hope you will take the time to enjoy the Parade and the Canada Day Celebration along Queen Street.
The Parade will begin on Victoria Avenue at Armoury Street and continue to Queen Street, ending at St. Clair Avenue.
The formation of the floats, bands, vehicles and participants will take place on Jepson and Armoury Streets starting at 9:00 am and consequently, these streets will be closed starting at approximately 7:00 am. Bus Parking will begin along Zimmerman Avenue at approximately 9:00 am. Please ensure vehicles are not parked on the roadway. Access to and from your residence, therefore may be affected from 7:00 a.m. until no later than 12 noon. The Parade Organizers will be considerate of your needs and will assist you to access in and out of your residence if needed.
Queen Street will be closed from 7:00 am until approximately 7:30 pm.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience that the street closures may create during this time frame. The City would greatly appreciate your assistance and patience in this matter by planning your day's activities around the Canada Day Parade and Canada Day Celebration if at all possible.