This year's Niagara Falls Canada Day Celebration will be held on Monday, July 1, 2019 in Downtown (Queen Street) Niagara Falls.
Canada Day - Monday, July 1, 2019
Canada Day in Niagara Falls has been a tradition in our beautiful City for over 30 years, bringing our entire community together, for residents and visitors to enjoy and share our special bond of living in one of the greatest countries in the world and celebrating our freedom, values and diversity.
This special celebration, presented by the Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team, is the largest Canada Day celebration in the Niagara Region and one of the largest Canada Day Celebrations in Ontario. Please join us this year on Canada Day.
- Date: Monday, July 1, 2019
- Location: Queen Street (Downtown Niagara Falls) and surrounding city streets
- 1K & 5K Run/Walk for St. John Ambulance - starting at Oakes Park at 9:00 am, Registration begins at 8:00 am
- Citizenship Ceremony in the Niagara Falls Public Library - 9:15 am
- OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade – begins at 11:00 am at the corner of Victoria and Armoury and travels to Queen Street
- Opening Ceremonies on the Main Stage at 12:30 pm
- Live Performances on the Main Stage - Tribute Acts to Freddie Mercury, Abba with Cher, & Elton John!!
- Canada Day Artisan Area & Enchanted Fairy Land
- Canada Day Car Show sponsored by Brock Ford Sales and hosted by Cruising on the Q
- Free Birthday Cake courtesy of Portage Bakery for the first 3,000 guests
- Scotiabank Children’s Zone with free rock climbing wall, inflatables, and more!
- Extreme Sports Area with BMX demos and Hoola Hoop Fun Zone
- Bike Valet - ride your bike to the Canada Day Celebration and drop it off in the Bike Valet
- Food Trucks, vendors, & community groups
- For the complete schedule, visit the Niagara Falls Canada Day Celebration Event Schedule page.
Check back often for updates!
Every year more than 100 volunteers help welcome thousands of guests who take part in the free festivities organized by the Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team. Volunteering is a great way to build experience, get involved in your community, meet new people and show your Canadian pride. Volunteers must be at least 12 years old, enjoy working with the public, and be able to commit to a minimum of four (4) hours of volunteer work.
Reigster to volunteer here!
Volunteer positions are needed for the following areas:
- 1K & 5K Run marshalls
- Parade Staging
- Parade banner carriers & costumes
- Parade Marshalls
- Queen Street Set Up & Tear Down
- Children’s Inflatables, Family Mini-Putt Area
- Stagehands / Runners
- Talent / Volunteer Assistants
- Picture Boards Greeters
- Information Kiosk
- Survey Assistants
For a complete listing of activities, please visit the Canada Day Celebration Event Schedule page.
Submission deadline for vendors is Thursday, April 25th, 2019. Fill out the application form. Questions? Send us an email.
Sponsorship and Vendor Opportunities
Please contact Lori Albanese for sponsorship and vendor information.
Media Release - 2018 Canada Day Parade