These development charges are in effect as of September 1, 2022.
- Single detached dwelling and semi-detached dwelling:
- Within the urban area: $16,663 per unit
- Within the non-urban area: $9,736 per unit
- Townhouse dwelling: $10,451.00 per unit
- Apartment dwelling: $7,920.00 per unit
- Urban Area - Tourist Core: $34.38 per square metre of gross floor area
- Urban Area - Excluding Tourist Core: $56.21 per square metre of gross floor area
- Non-Urban Area: $25.84 per square metre of gross floor area
Industrial Development Charges were abolished in November 2001.
For complete details, refer to the Development Charges By-law (2019). For map of the Urban & Non-Urban areas, refer to Schedule “C” of the By-law. The updated charges are listed in the Notice of the Passing of the Development Charges By-law (2019).
Development Charges 2019
A municipality is required to update its Development Charges every five years. At the link below, please find the background study that provides the basis for the 2019 Development Charges by-law.
The documents came from an external source and should you require an alternative (i.e., accessible) format, please contact Bill Matson.