Improvements & Changes for Niagara Falls Transportation Services
Niagara Falls, April 12, 2017 – Exciting changes are coming for Niagara Falls Transportation Services, beginning this May, as Phase 3 of the City’s Transit Service Improvement Plan begins. The plan was originally adopted by Council in 2013, approving a multi-phased approach to improving Transportation Services system wide.
Introduction to Peak Half Hour Service – Effective Monday, May 8, 2017
- Morning and afternoon peak half hour service will be added to four daytime routes under Phase 3 of the City’s Transit Service Improvement Plan. This brings the routes with peak hour service to 53%.
- Routes 101 & 102 will offer 30 minute service between 7am – 10am, & 3pm – 6pm
- Routes 106 & 107 will offer 30 minute service between 7:30am – 9:30am, 2:30pm – 6:30pm.
- Phases 4 and 5 of the Improvement Plan aim to achieve system wide daytime half hour service
Elimination of Bidirectional Transfers – Effective June 1, 2017
- A bidirectional transfer policy was implemented as a temporary measure to allow riders to understand the new routing structure in 2014.
- This incentive program will come to end on May 31, 2017.
- One way transfers will still be permitted, however, riders will not be able to make a bidirectional (return trip) on a single fare.
Conventional Service Fare Adjustment – Effective Monday, July 3, 2017
- Niagara Falls Transit fares will be increasing across the spectrum, with single adult fares rising by $0.25.
- Additional fare adjustment information can be found on www.niagarafalls.ca/transit
Customer Service Hub at Dorchester/Morrison – Coming Fall 2017
- A retail kiosk will be created at the Morrison/Dorchester shopping centre, providing riders the opportunity to speak with a Customer Service Representative, purchase Transit passes and inquire about other City services.
For more information, please contact:
Bob Chambers, Manager of Operations,
Transit Services, City of Niagara Falls
Phone: 905-356-7521 ext. 4531
Posted on: 4/12/2017 11:15 AM
- Category: Media Releases