We recommend that you speak to a member from the Planning Department prior to the submission of your minor variance application.
Minor Variance Process
Application Submission – Applicant submits formal Minor Variance Application
- File is created and the application is reviewed by the Secretary-Treasurer for completeness.
- If application is not complete, Secretary-Treasurer notifies applicant of outstanding items.
- Applicant provides outstanding items.
- If complete proceed to next step
Notice of Committee of Adjustment Hearing
- Notice mailed to landowners within 60 metres a well as posted on City website
- Applicant is required to post public notice sign on property for 10 days prior to meeting.
- Secretary Treasurer collects comments from internal departments, agencies and public.
- Planning staff write a recommendation report for the Committee of Adjustment
- Provided o applicant and anyone that requests.
Committee of Adjustment Public Hearing
- Committee of Adjustment considers oral and written comments and staff recommendation and makes a decision.
Notice of Decision
- Notice of decision is mailed to applicant, each person/public body that requested notice.
- Applicant, specified person, or public body may appeal decision to the Ontario Land Tribunal within 20 days of Decision. If there is an appeal, the OLT will hear and decide on the application.
- If no appeal, minor variance granted with conditions (if applicable)
- Applicant clears conditions.
- If appeal received, Secretary Treasurer prepares record to OLT (No decision until appeal is over)
Clearance Letter issued by Secretary Treasurer
For more information on appeals, please visit: https://olt.gov.on.ca/about-olt/
If no appeals are received, a Clearance Letter will be sent to the applicant and the Committees decision is then considered final.