Events happening during Mother Earth Day - Free Entry to the Public
Community Clean Sweep
- From 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Clean Sweep Pre-Registration
Volunteers will spread throughout the City of Niagara Falls to collect debris from parks, trails and boulevards. A complimentary lunch will be provided to participants. Starting point to collect supplies will be at Firemen's Park.
- From 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Tree Planting Registration
Volunteers will have an opportunity to plant native trees at Firemen's Park. Volunteer opportunities are limited, so don't wait to register.
Youth & Family Activities
- From 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Several interactive youth and family programming will take place throughout the day involving crafts with environmental themes and a StoryWalk. Activities provided by the Niagara Falls Public Library, EarlyON Child and Family Centres and Niagara Children's Centre.
- Creative Zone - Story rocks, loose parts with clay
- Infant Play Area - Provided by EarlyON Child and Family Centre
- Construction Zone - Free building with recycled materials
- Bird Feeder Making - From small milk cartons
- Literacy - Paper bag book journals, Mother's Day card creations
- StoryWalk - Outdoor guided walk with books
- Touch and Feel Tank - Tadpoles
- Scavenger Hunt - Search by image, colour and words
- Ridable kids train - Provided by Heartland Forest
List of Vendors
Vendors will be available from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
List of Environmental and Wellness Demonstrations
Demonstrations will take place between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Gavin Ray and Matt Anthony. This two-piece band will be performing everything from the classics to the modern day hits from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. near the food and beverage tents.
Local Food Fair
All foods prepared with local ingredients by Small Scale Farms. All items to be priced at $5.00. Take out is available while quantities last.
- Cabbage Rolls Casserole
- Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
- Local Greens Salads
- Irish Stew
- Pizza...for the kids!
Check out our Mother Earth Day Facebook Event for more news and updates!
Follow us on Instagram, too!
This event is proudly supported by
A Celebration of the Environment
The inaugural Niagara Falls Mother Earth Day event will take place at Firemen's Park (2275 Dorchester Road) from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on a date to be determined in 2022. The event is hosted by the Park in the City Committee in partnership with the Stamford Centre Volunteer Firemen's Association (SCVFA) as a celebration of the environment. This event will enable residents to participate in many environmental initiatives, such as a community clean-up, tree planting and numerous family and youth learning activities. Environmental vendors and demonstrators will be on-hand to provide many earth-friendly takeaways as well as a healthy, local food fair that will be available for everyone to enjoy.
We are still accepting sponsors for the Mother Earth Day Event! This is a great opportunity for green-friendly companies and organizations to partner together to deliver a community-oriented event to the residents of Niagara Falls. Below you can view the sponsorship levels and submit the online sponsorship form. For further questions on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jeff Guarasci at 905-356-7521 ext. 3341 or by email.
- Online Sponsorship Form will be available shortly.
- Golfi Team - Re/Max Niagara Realty
- Niagara Peninsula Energy Inc
- Niagara Falls Rotary Club Sunrise
- Ontario Power Generation
- Park in the City Committee
- Stamford Centre Volunteer Firemen's Association
- Niagara Falls Public Library
- Niagara Children's Centre
- EarlyON Child and Family Centre
- Small Scale Farms
- Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority
- City of Niagara Falls
- 6 Nations Iroquois
- Land Care Niagara
The Niagara Falls Mother Earth Day event is a great way for students to earn Community Service Hours or for families and friends to contribute to the event. There are many opportunities available that require different skill sets. Online Volunteer Applications will be available shortly.
Event T-shirts Available
Limited quantity of fitted men's and women's Canadian made, organic cotton t-shirts will be available to purchase during the 2022 Niagara Falls Mother Earth Day event at Firemen's Park from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Park in the City Committee Welcome tent. T-shirts will be sold for $30, plus taxes.
Larger view of front logo
Larger view of back logo