Events happening during Mother Earth Day
Community Clean Sweep
Volunteers will spread throughout the City of Niagara Falls to collect debris from parks, trails and boulevards. A complimentary lunch will be provided to participants. Starting point to collect supplies will be at Firemen's Park.
Volunteers will have an opportunity to plant native trees at Firemen's Park. Volunteer opportunities are limited, so don't wait to register.
Youth & Family Activities
- From 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Several interactive youth and family programming will take place throughout the day involving crafts with environmental themes and a StoryWalk. Activities provided by the Niagara Falls Public Library, EarlyON Child and Family Centres and Niagara Children's Centre.
List of Vendors
Vendors will be available from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sassafras Farms - Tree seedling and shrub sales.
- Small Scale Farms - Local food fair sales.
- Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority - Environmental awareness programs.
- City of Niagara Falls - Environmental programs and initiatives. Rain barrel rebates, Green burials, Toilet retrofit program, Climate action initiatives.
- Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC) - Environmental Awareness.
- Amici Per La Vita Niagara Cycling Club - Benefits of cycling and complimentary Bicycle Valet.
- Niagara Region Waste Management - information on waste reduction.
- Devries Fruit Farm - Fruit sales
- Fizz Ferments
- Harvey's Honey - Locally farmed honey and retail.
- Roots and Radicles - Natural bath products.
- Thanks Little Farms - Local, natural food retail.
- Viridi Resuable Bags
- More to be announced shortly.
List of Environmental and Wellness Demonstrations
Demonstrations will take place between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Birds of Prey - 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. & 3:30 p.m. Also, picture opportunities will be available throughout the day.
- Tai Chi
- Bee Hive Care and Honey Production
- 6 Nations Indigenous Dancing
- Plant and Garden Care
- More to be announced shortly.
To be announced shortly.
Local Food Fair
Menu to be announced shortly.
A Celebration of the Environment
The inaugural Niagara Falls Mother Earth Day event will take place during Mother's Day weekend at Firemen's Park (2275 Dorchester Road) from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The event is hosted by the Park in the City Committee (PITC) in partnership with the Stamford Centre Volunteer Firemen's Association (SCVFA) as a celebration of the environment. This event will enable residents to participate in many environmental initiatives, such as a community clean-up, tree planting and numerous family and youth learning activities. Environmental vendors and demonstrators will be on-hand to provide many earth-friendly takeaways as well as a healthy, local food fair that will be available for everyone to enjoy.
We are still accepting sponsors for the Mother Earth Day Event! This is a great opportunity for green-friendly companies and organizations to partner together to deliver a community-oriented event to the residents of Niagara Falls. Below you can view the sponsorship levels and submit the online sponsorship form. For further questions on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jeff Guarasci at 905-356-7521 ext.3341 or by email.
The Niagara Falls Mother Earth Day event is a great way for students to earn Community Service Hours or for families and friends to contribute to the event. There are many opportunities available that require different skill sets. Please submit your application online. You can also download a hardcopy of the Volunteer Application Form.