Niagara Falls, ON, February 24, 2017 - Calling artists of all ages! The City of Niagara Falls Art Show will take place at the Victoria Avenue Public Library Thursday, March 30 to Sunday, April 2, 2017. The competition is open to all Niagara Falls Residents and Students attending school in Niagara Falls. There is no fee to enter; however all participants are asked to register in advance.
Prizes will be awarded in the Ages 11-14, 15-18, and 19 and over age categories to the top artworks in each of two genres: Computer Generated and Photography & Fine Art. In addition, trophies will go to the Judges’/Mayor’s Choice and the People’s Choice for the overall best work. Children 10 and under may submit their work for public display but will not be judged.
All art must be delivered to the Library on Thursday, March 30, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The competition will be closed to the public on Friday, March 31 for judging. An exhibition of all artwork will be open to the public on Saturday, April 1 during regular Library hours – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and on Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. A public presentation of the awards will take place on Sunday, April 2, at 1:30 p.m., after which time pieces of art can be removed by their owners.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- Each artist may submit one work of art to the contest.
- Artwork must be original and completed within the last 12 months.
- Artwork must be ready to hang.
- Artwork must fit through a standard height door, no larger than 36” x 96” (91 cm x 2.4 m).
- Artwork must be labelled clearly on the back or underside (for blind judging purposes) with the artist’s name, age, and phone number.
- Artists must register for the art contest and artists under 18 years of age require a parent/guardian’s signature.
- Art must be delivered to the Niagara Falls Public Library, Victoria Branch, in the LaMarsh Room between 5 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 30, 2016.
- Art must be picked up by 2:00 on Sunday, April 2. Any artwork remaining after April 2 will become the property of the City of Niagara Falls.
- No consumable materials will be used in the manufacture of any artwork.
- Winners’ names and photos may be published in the local media.
- Winners artwork will be requested to be on display at City Hall for the month of April.
The City of Niagara Falls assures that reasonable care will be taken in the handling of all artwork, but does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Art, Culture and Museums
Niagara Falls History Museum