January 4, 2019
Niagara Region Transit Service Enhancements Start in January
This winter Niagara residents will experience the benefits of Niagara Region Transit service enhancements involving extended hours, a new express route and the addition of a new stop. On Jan. 7, 2019 route and schedule improvements will begin and provide increased service capacity and additional transfer opportunities to give more options to transit riders.
The specific departure and arrival times listed below vary by route. Riders are encouraged to download the 'Transit App' or check the schedule listings at niagararegion.ca/transit?.
Some notable service changes are:
• Routes 40 and 45 – Hours extended by two hours per day, one hour earlier and one hour later. Some routes modified to 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. where routes were previously 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Specific departure and arrival times vary by route or direction.
• Routes 40A and 45 A – Hours extended by four hours per day, morning peak runs two hours longer and afternoon peak starts two hours earlier. Some routes modified to 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 2 - 6:30 p.m. where routes were previously 7:15 - 9:15 a.m. and 4:15 - 6:45 p.m.
• Routes 60 and 65 – Monday to Friday, removed 20-minute frequency during the morning and afternoon peak periods. Daily service remains at 30-minute frequency.
• Routes 60A and 65A – Added a new express route on Monday to Friday only. Buses departing every 15 minutes for two hours in the morning and for just under four hours in the afternoon and evening. These changes are effective between the hours of 7 - 8:45 a.m. and then again departing every 15 minutes from approximately 3:30 - 7:15 p.m.
• Route 22 – New stop at Concentrix on Montrose Road in Niagara Falls
• Route 25 – Trips now depart on the hour and on the half hour. The first trip departs Port Colborne City Hall at 6:30 a.m. and the last trip now departs the Welland Bus Terminal at 7:30 p.m. This change also results in an additional trip between the municipalities each day.
For more detailed schedule information, please visit our schedule listings.
905-980-6000 ext. 3232