About The Sports Wall of Fame
The Sports Wall of Fame's objective is to honour and perpetuate the names and deeds of Athletes and Teams whose athletic abilities have brought fame to themselves and our community, and of Builders whose interest in and work for sport has resulted in a climate which benefited athletes and athletics. We accept nominations in each of those three categories.
The Sponsor Award is presented to corporations and groups in recognition of their significant contribution to sports in the City of Niagara Falls, over a span of at least five years.
View the Sports Wall of Fame
Visit the Virtual Sports Wall of Fame!
The Sports Wall of Fame is located at the Gale Centre , with plaques on display in the foyer and in the Sam Long Room (Builders).
Online nomination form for athletes, teams, builders and sponsors.
Deadline to submit nominations is the first Friday in May (May 5, 2023).
Supporting Documents Nominations must include all three (3) of the following:
- A complete narrative describing the activities and achievements of Nominee (including copies of newspaper
clippings, documentation, etc.) and tell us why you feel your nominee should be selected.
- All necessary proof to substantiate the information provided.
- (1) photo of the nominee must be received by the submission deadline. Photos should be approximately 5 x 7 inches and of clear, high quality (black and white is preferred). Additional photos and video footage may be requested later, if your nomination is accepted.
Important! Incomplete nomination forms will be returned for further information and may not be eligible for this year’s consideration. All applications must be received by the first Friday in May.
All materials should be sent uploaded to the digital nomination form or sent via email, fax, or post to the Recreation & Culture office at the MacBain Community Centre.
Hardcopy forms will also be available from our offices at the MacBain Community Centre and Gale Centre during regular business hours, when our facilities re-open to the public.
2021/22 Sports Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Sunday, January 29, 2023, 2:00 pm, Gale Centre Arena
Members of the public are encouraged to watch the Induction Ceremony from the comfort of their home. The Ceremony can also be viewed on YourTV Niagara (Ch. 700 and Ch. 100 on Epico) as follows:
- Tuesday, January 31 at 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 1 at 9:30 pm
- Saturday, February 4 at 12:00 pm
- Amy Audibert - Athlete - Basketball
- Ralph Biamonte - Builder - Horse Racing
- Michael Pickering - Athlete - Trap Shooting AUTOMATIC INDUCTION
- Dr. Keith Pyne - Builder - Baseball
- Sarah Quaranta - Athlete - Hockey AUTOMATIC INDUCTION
- Paul Yerich - Athlete - Running
- Kevin Dallman - Athlete - Hockey
- Cristina Marie Formica - Athlete - Soccer
- Chris "Scooter" Johnstone - Builder - Hockey
- Felix "Gus" Mancuso - Athlete - Hockey
- Deborah Toth - Builder - Martial Arts
- Niagara Falls Anglicans 1935-36 Women's Basketball Team - Team - Basketball
- Acres International
- Commisso's Fresh Foods
- Dobbie’s Florist
- Value Muffler & Brake
- Walker Industries
Sports Wall of Fame Committee
- Mayor Jim Diodati, Honourary Chair
- Paisley Janvary-Pool, Chair
- Emily Allen
- Bonnie Brady
- Paul Campigotto
- Dr. Bill Leskiw
- Gary MacDonald
- Gord Singleton
- Mike Strange, Councillor
- Mick Wolfe
The City of Niagara Falls and the Sports Wall of Fame Committee would like to thank the following people and businesses for their generous support:
- Bain Printing
- Baldini Vandersluys Photographers
- Break-A-Way Concessions
- Casey Hyde
- Dobbie's Florist Inc.
- Jiffy Lube
- Niagara Battery & Tire Ltd.
- Portage Bakery
- Royal Linen
- The Jacket Cellar
- Tim Hortons (Montrose & Thorold Stone Road)
- Value Muffler & Brake