Sleep Cheap Surpasses $1.5 Million Mark!
Niagara Falls, ON, March 3, 2016 – Sleep Cheap Charities Reap remains strong, reaching an amazing new milestone! Thanks to the committed efforts of participating Niagara Falls hotels and attractions, this year’s Sleep Cheap event raised over $148,496 to benefit local charitable groups. This brings the total amount raised through Sleep Cheap for charity over the past twelve years to $1,591,320.
Additionally, the WonderFalls Pass raised $20,293. The WonderFalls Pass is a new initiative created this year by Niagara Falls City Councillor Victor Pietrangelo, with the proceeds raised to improve the parks and playgrounds in Niagara Falls, including making them more accessible.
The pass provided residents participating in Sleep Cheap the opportunity to visit 10 of Niagara Falls must see tourist attractions at a significantly reduced rate.
100% of funds raised through the Sleep Cheap event go to charity. A portion of the funds is provided to the Niagara Community Foundation, where the money is put into income-earning endowment funds that benefit local charities. The remainder is directed to charities selected by the 2015 Sleep Cheap Charities Reap Committee through an application process and through an option for individual hotels to direct funds. For the 2015 event, the twenty recipient Sleep Cheap charities are as follows:
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region
- Autism Ontario – Niagara Region Chapter
- Beaver Creek Farm Sanctuary
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Niagara Falls
- Big Move Cancer Ride
- Brain Injury Association of Niagara
- Canadian Cancer Society, Niagara
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Niagara Branch
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind, Niagara
- Education Foundation of Niagara
- Hannah House Maternity Home
- Heart Niagara Inc.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region
- Niagara Nutrition Partners
- A Great City … For Generations To Come
- Niagara Regional Sexual Assault Centre
- Proaction Cops & Kids
- Therapy Tails Ontario
- St. Patrick School Kids’ Breakfast Program
- The Salvation Army – Niagara Falls
- Women’s Place of South Niagara
The City of Niagara Falls thanks the community for their continued support in these initiatives,and the following local hotels and attractions for making this year a great success: Americana Resort & Spa, Best Western Fallsview, Bird Kingdom, Courtyard by Marriott, Days Inn & Suites By the Falls, Days Inn Near the Falls, Doubletree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton,Embassy Suites Hotel Fallsview, Fallsview Casino Resort, Four Points by Sheraton Niagara
Falls Fallsview, Great Wolf Lodge, Greg Frewin Theatre, Hampton Inn North of the Falls, Hilton Hotel & Suites Fallsview, Holiday Inn by the Falls, Hornblower Niagara Cruises, Marriott Fallsview & Spa, Marriott Gateway on the Falls, Niagara Falls Fun Zone , Niagara Parks,Nightmares Fear Factory, Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, Ramada Hotel, Ripley’s Entertainment, Sheraton on the Falls, Skyline Inn Fallsview, Sterling Inn & Spa, Super 8 Hotel Niagara Falls, and Travelodge Fallsview Hotel.
For more information, contact:
Councillor Victor Pietrangelo
City of Niagara Falls