City searching for youth national anthem performers for Council meetings
Unique opportunity for local singers and musicians to showcase their talent at City Hall
NIAGARA FALLS, ON - The City of Niagara Falls and Niagara Falls City Council are seeking residents to perform ‘O Canada’ at 2023 Council meetings.
Interested singers, musicians, groups and choirs can apply online beginning Wednesday, December 14, at niagarafalls.ca/ocanada for a chance to be selected to perform the national anthem in Council Chambers ahead of a 2023 City Council meeting. The application window closes on Friday, January 27. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are required to submit a video or audio recording of themselves performing the anthem as a prerequisite.
Additional national anthem search details:
- Must be a resident of Niagara Falls
- Searching for school-aged children and teenage performers, but open to all ages
- Anthem can be performed in person in Council Chambers or pre-recorded and played virtually before the meeting
- Performers will appear as part of the Council meeting stream on the City of Niagara Falls YouTube channel
- Soloists, groups and choirs are all welcome.
For more information, contact:
Clerks & Council Services Coordinator
City of Niagara Falls
905-356-7521 ext. 4203