The City of Niagara Falls welcomes the announcement from the Province that the City can proceed with the next phase of our reopening plans. The City of Niagara Falls will be opening F. H. Leslie pool, located at 5250 Valley Way, for the weekend of June 12 and 13 as follows.
Weekend of June 12 and 13 Hours and Schedule
Open 12 noon to 6 p.m. both days, with the following scheduled activities:
- 12 to 1 p.m.: Adult Lane Swim
- 1 to 2:50 p.m.: Public Swim
- 2:50 to 3 p.m.: CLOSED for cleaning and sanitization
- 3 to 4:50 p.m.: Public Swim
- 4:50 to 5 p.m.: CLOSED for cleaning and sanitization
- 5 to 6 p.m.: Public Swim
For Adult Lane Swim, please call 905-356-7521 extension 4138, the day before to reserve your lane, available in 30-minutes blocks per person. No reservations will be accepted after 5 p.m.
Reopening for the Summer Season
F. H. Leslie Pool will be closed from June 14 through the 17 and will reopen for the summer on June 18, along with Niagara Falls Lions Club Pool and Prince Charles Pool. Buck Hinsperger Pool and E. E. Mitchelson Pool will open as regularly scheduled on June 25. Hours and schedules are posted on the City's website.
We are keeping our pools safe for you by:
- permitting entrance and exit only through the pool gates (not the pool building)
- requiring swimmers to come to the pool ready to swim – access to facilities will be limited to washrooms with no change room access
- reducing the number of individuals using the pool at one time
- enforcing patron and staff COVID-19 screening protocols
- reducing pool capacity
- adhering to rigorous sanitation practices
- educating staff on reducing the spread of infection
- providing hand sanitizer stations
- closely monitoring updates and guidance from public health agencies
- Please stay home if not feeling well!
The City’s seven splash pads are open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week with COVID-19 protocols in place. All City of Niagara Falls pools will be open by June 25. Residents are reminded to take extra caution and use these outdoor recreational amenities at their own risk.
High touch-points at these outdoor areas (gates, benches etc.) are not cleaned frequently.
Remember to wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer after use.
Please refer to the City's website for all aquatic information.
For more information, contact:
City of Niagara Falls, Department of Recreation and Culture
905-356-7521 ext 4140