NIAGARA FALLS, ON - With COVID-19 limiting indoor activities this season, now is a better time than ever to brave the elements and get outside for some exercise! Since our temperatures are variable, the City has identified winter activities and opportunities to enjoy the outdoors with, and without, snow.
So bundle up and experience your City in winter! Make sure you maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) physical distance from those outside the people you live with, and wear a mask when physical distancing isn't possible.
Visit niagarafalls.ca\winter and use our interactive graphic illustration to find a winter wonderland near you!
Activities and amenities include:
- Natural Outdoor Skating Rinks
- Outdoor Walking Track
- Road Hockey Play Surfaces
- Off Leash Dog Parks
- Walking Tours
Park playgrounds at 55 locations will be open all winter long! Outdoor fitness equipment will remain open, and tennis nets will remain up at John N. Allan and Chippawa Lions Parks for winter tennis or pickle ball when the weather is fair.
All outdoor winter activities are, of course, weather permitting, and availability and access to amenities may change with any new COVID restrictions that the Province of Ontario puts in place.
If planning to participate in outdoor activities:
- stay home if you are feeling ill, even if you have mild symptoms, or if you are in quarantine or self-isolating
- keep two metres of physical distance from anyone you don't live with
- wear a face covering if physical distancing cannot be maintained, or where one is required
- avoid high-touch surfaces and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly or use hand sanitizer
- taking part with members of your own household is best
Check with Niagara Region Public Health for any additional information, restrictions or health measures you should follow.
For more information, contact:
Director of Recreation & Culture, City of Niagara Falls
Director of Municipal Works, City of Niagara Falls