NIAGARA FALLS, ON - Skaters will take the ice at the Gale Centre on Monday, July 13th for the first time in almost four months.
Gale Centre ice rinks are available only for pre-arranged bookings. No games or scrimmages are allowed as per provincial restrictions, and the arena will not be open to spectators. Public skating and drop in programs will not be available at this time.
The City of Niagara Falls is doing everything we can to make sure all arena users and City staff can stay safe and healthy as we reopen the Gale Centre. That means taking extra precautions and reopening in phases to make sure we limit the spread of COVID-19 as follows:
- Ice surfaces will be restricted to a maximum of ten people on ice at one time, including coaches, as per provincial COVID-19 restrictions.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation will be undertaken.
- The indoor walking track remains closed.
- Change rooms and showers are closed for use.
The City is asking skaters to arrive at the rink in full equipment. Benches will be provided within each rink for players to put on and lace their skates.
- Participants will be escorted into the facility 15 minutes prior to booking time.
- Only one parent per child will be admitted to the arena to assist with tying skates. No siblings will be allowed. Parents will then be asked to vacate the arena as the maximum number of people allowed in each rink is 10.
- Once the ice hour is over, skaters have 15 minutes to take their skates off and quickly exit the facility to allow cleaning before the next group enters 30 minutes later.
For more information, contact:
Manager of Recreation & Customer Service
City of Niagara Falls
905.356.7521 x 3340
Posted on: 7/10/2020 11:21 AM
- Category: Media Releases