NIAGARA FALLS, ON - The City of Niagara Falls welcomes the announcement from the Province that the City can proceed with the next phase of our reopening plans. Commencing June 20th, the City of Niagara Falls will be opening our 7 outdoor splash pads and our numerous sports fields for outdoor team sports training.
City of Niagara Falls splash pads are located at:
- MacBain Community Centre 7150 Montrose Road
- Patrick Cummings Sports Complex 8965 Willoughby Drive
- Niagara Falls Lions Park 4981 Drummond Road
- E.E. Mitchelson Sports Park 3750-3800 Springdale Avenue
- F.H. Leslie Park 5250 Valley Way
- Prince Charles Pool 6360 Arad Street
- Chippawa Lions Pool 3970 Welland Street
To protect everyone’s health during COVID-19, a reduced number of children will be allowed to use the splash pad at one time. We ask that you limit your child’s visit to the splash pad to 20 minutes, if there is a line waiting to access the facility.
We are keeping our splash pads safe for you by:
- enforcing patron and staff COVID-19 screening protocols
- reducing splash pad capacity
- adhering to rigorous sanitation practices
- educating staff on reducing the spread of infection
- providing hand sanitizer stations
- closely monitoring updates and guidance from public health agencies
Sports Fields for Outdoor Team Sports Training
As directed by the Province, outdoor team sports may resume use of fields for training purposes only and with no scrimmages or games. Physical distancing measures of 2m separation must be adhered to at all times, when using the fields.
Access to the fields for organized sports will be by allowed by permit only.
There will be limited access to facilities including no locker rooms, no change rooms and no showers. Access to clubhouses and other amenities will be limited to washrooms, emergency aid and equipment management.
Please note that:
- Play structures at City of Niagara Falls parks remain closed.
- Residents are reminded to take extra caution and use these outdoor recreational amenities at their own risk.
- High touch-points at these outdoor areas (gates, benches etc.) are not cleaned frequently.
- Remember to wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer after use.
For more information on splash pads, please contact:
Director of Recreation & Culture
City of Niagara Falls
For more information on sports fields, please contact:
Manager of Recreation & Customer Service
City of Niagara Falls
905.356.7521 x 3340