This news item was posted on 3/28/2020 1:39:00 PM and is an archived post
Please note the following City of Niagara Falls COVID-19 updates and service changes:
Municipal Enforcement of Social Gatherings:
- The City of Niagara Falls prohibits social gatherings in parks, parking lots, or other vacant areas to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Municipal Enforcement staff will continue to enforce Municipal By-laws, and monitor and disperse any public gathering observed
- throughout the City.
- Municipal Enforcement staff will be assisting Niagara Regional Police in monitoring the functioning of bars, and restaurants establishments to ensure their service is limited to takeout and delivery of food only.
- Related complaints can be reported to [email protected]
Playgrounds, Fitness Equipment and Skateboard Park:
- All playground structures are closed throughout the City.
- The outdoor fitness equipment at Thorold Stone Road and Stanley Avenue and the Skateboard Park at the MacBain Community Centre, are also closed.
Dog Parks & Trails:
- The City's two dog parks remain open at this time.
- Residents are reminded that the dog parks, including the gates and structures are not sanitized and to exercise caution.
- Users are reminded to practice physical distancing between others (at least 6 feet) when using the dog parks.
- The City's parks and trails remain open at this time.
- Users are reminded to practice physical distancing between others (at least 6 feet) when using trails.
Niagara Falls Transit:
- Effective Monday, March 30, 2020 - Supplemental service to address our entire community's essential needs is being added to the existing Sunday level of service on NF Transit.
- Buses will be running a reduced Route #108, everyday starting at 9:30 am from the Bus Terminal on Erie Road to the Town and Country Plaza on Portage Road and making all stops in between until 9:00 pm.
- This will ensure access to Project Share, grocery stores and other essential services for the northeast neighbourhoods of our community.
- Please refer to posted schedules at terminal/plaza locations, at Project Share and online at: https://niagarafalls.ca/living/transit/bus-routes.aspx
- Effective Monday, March 30, 2020 - Blue Line (Route 602) service is temporarily cancelled until further notice due to ridership reductions and to address community spread concerns of COVID-19.
- Red Line service will continue to provide any and all service in the tourism core ensuring connections with the City's transit service to our community and out-of-town connections.
Niagara Falls Bus Terminal:
- The Niagara Falls Bus Terminal at Bridge Street at Erie Avenue has reduced operating hours to 9am to 5pm daily only.
- Refunds or credits for bus passes will be discussed when regular transit services return.
- A reminder that rear door boarding only on all buses has been instituted.
- Riders are to physically distance themselves when riding the bus.
- All Transit changes are in effect until April 6, 2020, when service levels and procedures will be reviewed.
FAQ on City Services
Posted on: 3/28/2020 1:39 PM
- Category: Media Releases