- Important information for concert-goers, including road closures
Niagara Falls, ON – The Niagara Parks Commission and the City of Niagara Falls, along with its Niagara Falls New Year's Eve event partners, invite the public to join the celebrations and be part of one of Canada’s longest running New Year’s Eve festivities and concert series, taking place in Queen Victoria Park.
Featuring two spectacular fireworks displays at 9:15 p.m. (sponsored by Tim Hortons) and midnight, the highly anticipated free outdoor concert kicks off at 8:30 p.m. with an all-star lineup, including one of Canada’s most celebrated musicians – Bryan Adams - as well as Juno Award-winning, multi-platinum musical phenomenon, Walk Off the Earth and opening act Valerie Borghesi.
Please see important information below for all guests planning to ring in the New Year in Queen Victoria Park.
Scheduled lane closures will commence on Tuesday, December 31, as follows:
- Murray Street – Westbound lanes from Queen Victoria Park to the Skylon Driveway will be closed to vehicles beginning at 3 p.m., while eastbound lanes into the Park will be closed at Skylon Driveway starting at 8 p.m. Both directions of Murray Hill from Fallsview Boulevard to Queen Victoria Park will be closed by 10 p.m.
- Clifton Hill – Clifton Hill from Victoria Avenue to Falls Avenue will be closed to all vehicular traffic starting at 10 p.m.
- Niagara Parkway/River Road – The Niagara Parkway from Clifton Hill to Fraser Hill will be closed to all vehicular traffic (including WEGO bus service) at 8 p.m.
NOTE: Roads subject to close earlier by police order if required for public safety.
Helpful Tips for Concert-Goers
- Parking – Guests will be able to park their vehicles at Falls Parking lot, located directly across from the Table Rock Welcome Centre, and walk along the pedestrian pathway to the outdoor concert site (at the corner of Murray St. and Niagara Parkway). Falls Parking Lot will be open until 1:00 a.m. and fees will be $25 per vehicle. Parking is also available from the south at the Rapidsview Parking Lot (7651 Niagara Parkway) for $10, which includes a free WEGO shuttle to Table Rock.
- Falls Incline Railway – The Falls Incline Railway will take guests travelling from the various parking lots, hotels, restaurants etc. located in the Fallsview tourism district into Queen Victoria Park, where they may walk along the pedestrian pathway to the concert site (at the corner of Murray St. and Niagara Parkway). Niagara Parks’ Falls Incline Railway will be in operation throughout the day and evening of the show, until 1:00 a.m., with round trip tickets available for $5.50 per person.
- WEGO Bus Transportation – Niagara Parks will be operating an extended WEGO Green Line bus service between the Niagara Falls Train Station / Bus Terminal (4267 Bridge Street) and the Clifton Hill WEGO Stop (intersection of Clifton Hill and Niagara Parkway), with buses running every 30 minutes from 5:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. The WEGO Blue and Red Lines, which travel throughout the city of Niagara Falls, will be operating until 1:30 a.m. For more information on all WEGO bus routes and schedules for New Year’s Eve, please visit: www.wegoniagarafalls.com/routes.
- Designate a Meeting Spot – Niagara Parks recommends that friends and family attending the show take a moment at the beginning of the evening to assign a designated time and location as a meeting place, should individuals become separated following the show’s conclusion. Please ensure everyone in your party is aware of this location, particularly children attending the event. Should any child be separated from their party, they will be escorted to a First Aid van, which will be located on Murray Street.
- Dress for the Weather – Visitors are advised to dress warmly and in layers to prepare for all types of weather conditions and take extra precautions to protect extremities such as hands, feet and ears.
- Warm-up Station – Niagara Parks will once again offer a warm up area on two heated WEGO buses stationed in front of Queen Victoria Place (across the street from the event site). The buses will be available from 8:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
The celebration will also feature a variety of food and beverage options, as well as an outdoor licensed area. As always, the presence of security and policing will be on-site to ensure everyone’s safety throughout the night.
Community partners involved in the New Year’s Eve festivities in Queen Victoria Park include: The Niagara Parks Commission, The City of Niagara Falls, the Tourism Partnership of Niagara, Niagara Falls Canada Hotel Association, Fallsview Tourist Area, Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort, Victoria Centre Tourist Area, Clifton Hill Tourist Area, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Skylon Tower, Lundy's Lane Tourist Area, Tim Hortons, Pizza Pizza and many other stakeholders within the City.
For more information, visit niagaraparks.com/nye or contact:
Manager of Transportation Engineering
The City of Niagara Falls
(905) 356-7521 ext. 5204
The Niagara Parks Commission
(905) 356-2241 ext. 2224