The 2018 Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade will be held on Saturday, November 17, 2018, in downtown Niagara Falls at 11 a.m. Following the parade, Santa and Mrs. Claus will meet with children at Centennial Square in front of City Hall for photographs, face painting and a chance to ask questions and share wish lists.
The parade will feature 11 fabulous marching bands, including: The Niagara Regional Police Pipe Band, Downbeat Percussion, The Hit Men Brass Band, Orchard Park High School Quaker Marching Band, PK Hummingbird Steel Orchestra, the Grimsby Pipe Band, Niagara Militaires Alumni Drum Corps, TallBEAT, and Waist Drum Band. Also joining the parade are our local high schools, many colourful floats, three inflatable snowmen, amazing stilt walkers, Spiderman, Captain America, and a giant, 25-foot inflatable Elmo. Mrs. Claus will ride in on her very own float, and of course—Santa Claus!
In memory of a wonderful community volunteer who participated in our parades for many years, this year’s parade is dedicated to Mr. Don Johnson. If you have been to previous parades, then you will have seen Mr. Johnson playing his banjo or glockenspiel. Mr. Johnson passed away in September and will be missed fondly remembered by all.
The parade begins at 11 a.m., rain, snow or shine, on Victoria Avenue at Armoury Street, and travels north along Victoria Avenue, turning right onto Valley Way, then right onto Queen Street, ending at Niagara Falls City Hall. A map of the parade route and additional information is posted on the City’s website at www.niagarafalls.ca/santa.
Niagara College Broadcasting Students will be hosting, filming and live streaming the Parade on the City’s website at niagarafalls.ca. YourTV will carry the Parade live on Ch. 700.
During the Parade:
- The Salvation Army will be giving away free hot chocolate at Rosberg Family Park
- Tim Hortons Mobile Truck will be giving away free coffee and hot chocolate on Valley Way
- Free face painting, balloons and caricatures near City Hall
- Project SHARE will be collecting food donations along the Parade route
- Canada Post will be collecting letters to Santa along the parade route. Please remember to include a return address, so Santa can answer your letter!
After the Parade at Niagara Falls City Hall:
- Meet & Greet with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- 283 Performing Arts Company performs music and dance immediately before Santa arrives
- Kobbler Jay, Jack Frost and Bella Snow entertain the crowds
- Get busy at the Kids Crafts Area with Lee Valley Tools and enjoy free face painting and caricatures
- Visit our sponsors: Brock Ford Sales, Cardinal Kia, GoodLife Fitness, and Renewal by Anderson.
Start your holiday shopping early in Downtown Niagara Falls!
The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade is an excellent opportunity to visit the restaurants and stores along Queen Street for your holiday shopping and entertaining.
The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade will replay on Thursday November 22 at 7 p.m., and on Sunday November 25 at 1:30 p.m., and a few more times before December 25, 2018. YourTV will include the Parade on their free channel: Video On Demand Channel, Ch. 602, available for Cogeco viewers across Ontario to view on demand for the next few months.
The City of Niagara Falls is proud to partner with the Downtown B.I.A., to bring you this year’s Santa Claus Parade. Special thanks to our participants, volunteers and generous sponsors for their participation and support! Sponsors include: 105.1 The River, Brock Ford, Downtown BIA, Hatch, Cardinal Kia, GoodLife Fitness, Niagara College, Niagara Helicopters, Niagara Peninsula Energy, Ontario Power Generation, Scotiabank, Talk Wireless, YourTV, Artista Design & Print, Tim Hortons, Zappi’s Pizzeria & Pasta, Niagara Air Bus, Insurance Brokers Association of Niagara Falls, The Niagara Falls Review, Niagara This Week, SNAP’d Niagara Falls, and many more!
For more information, contact:
Lori Albanese, Community Development Coordinator
City of Niagara Falls
(905) 356-7521 ext 3332/3330