This news item was posted on 10/23/2018 11:34:00 AM and is an archived post
October 23, 2018
Fall branch collection starts on October 29 and continues until November 23. Curbside branch collection is available across the region to all residents living in single-family homes and apartments with six units or less.
When setting out branches for collection, it is important to remember:
- Branches must be tied in bundles
- Maximum weight of bundle = 22.7 kg (50 lbs.)
- Maximum size of bundle = 1.5 m (5 ft.) in length and 0.5 m (1.6 ft.) in diameter
- Individual branches inside of the bundle must not exceed 7 cm (2.8 in.) in diameter
- Branches must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day
- During the weeks of fall branch collection, branches are often collected in a separate collection truck than Green Bin material
In addition to curbside collection, branches and yard waste can also be dropped off by residents at one of the Region’s Waste and Recycling Drop-off Depots year-round, free of charge.
For more information about Niagara Region’s waste management services, including drop-off locations and hours of operation, visit niagararegion.ca/waste or call the Waste Info-Line at 905-356-4141 or 1-800-594-5542.
905-980-6000 ext. 2534
Posted on: 10/23/2018 11:34 AM
- Category: In the News