Calling artists of all ages! The City of Niagara Falls Art Show will take place at the Victoria Avenue Public Library Thursday, March 29 to Saturday, April 28, 2018. The competition is open to all Niagara Falls residents and students attending school in Niagara Falls. There is no fee to enter; however all participants are asked to register online in advance (registration will close two days before the show).
An exhibition of all artwork will be open to the public from Saturday, March 31 during regular Library hours. The exhibit will hang for the full month of April where everyone can view the collection and vote for their favorite artwork for the People’s Choice Award. A public presentation of the awards will take place on Saturday, April 28 at 1pm.
Cash prizes awarded for the top artworks in any medium [painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, digital art, etc.]. Ceremony is Saturday April 28th 1:00 pm in the LaMarsh Room.
- Best in Show
- Youth Award [11-18 years]
- Mayor’s Choice
- People’s Choice
- Children 10 years of age and under are invited to submit their work for public display.
Trophies will go to the Judges’/Mayor’s Choice and the People’s Choice for the overall best work (all winners get an engraved keeper plaque).
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- Each artist may submit one work of art to the contest.
- Artwork must be original and completed within the last 12 months.
- Artwork must be ready to hang.
- Artwork must fit through a standard height door, no larger than 36” x 96” (91 cm x 2.4 m).
- Artwork must be labeled clearly on the back or underside (for blind judging purposes) with the artist’s name, age, and phone number. All works will be labeled at intake.
- Artists must register for the art contest and artists under 18 years of age require a parent/guardian’s signature.
- Art must be delivered to the Niagara Falls Public Library, Victoria Branch, in the LaMarsh Room between 5 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 29, 2018.
- Art must be picked up by 3:00 on Sunday, April 28. Any artwork remaining after April 28 will become the property of the City of Niagara Falls. All works must be signed out before they are taken home.
- No consumable materials will be used in the manufacture of any artwork.
- Winners’ names and photos may be published in the local media.
- Winner’s artwork will be requested to be on display at City Hall for the month of April.
- The City of Niagara Falls assures that reasonable care will be taken in the handling of all artwork, but does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
All art must be delivered to the Library on Thursday, March 29, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The competition will be closed to the public until Saturday, March 31 for judging. An exhibition of all artwork will be open to the public during regular Library hours. A public presentation of the awards will take place on Saturday, April 28, at 1:30 p.m., after which time pieces of art can be removed by their owners.
Niagara Falls Arts, Culture & Museum Committee. The Art Competition is free to enter and available to all Niagara Falls residents. All participants are asked to register online in advance.
For Information please call or email Kim Van Stygeren