The City of Niagara Falls is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the Chippawa Lions Park Tennis Courts on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Join us with a ceremonial group tennis serve at 5:45 pm to open the new tennis facility at Chippawa Lions Park, located at 3970 Welland Street in Chippawa.
Chippawa Lions Park is a 13 acre Community Park in the south end of Niagara Falls that has provided a wide variety of recreational opportunities and special events for many years. Due to high usage volumes and age, the park was in need of improvements. Staff worked with the Chippawa Lions Club (the custodians of the park) to develop an updated master plan for the park.
Phase One (1) completion was recently celebrated on August 3rd with a ribbon cutting ceremony, and now it is time to celebrate the opening of the new tennis courts.
The Grand Opening will include:
· Professional tennis instructors showcasing youth and adult group lessons.
· Pro/Am tennis doubles match including Mayor Diodati and Councillor Pietrangelo.
· A team tennis tournament with all in attendance invited to take part.
· Wilson racquet demonstrations.
· Racquets and balls will be available on-site.
· Food and drinks available.
· Prize give-a-ways.
The next phases of the master plan will include resurfacing the exercise pathway, renovations to
the senior ball diamond, a new picnic shelter, parking improvements and tree planting.
For more information, contact:
Community Development Coordinator
City of Niagara Falls
Phone: 905-356-7521 ext. 3341