The Committee’s mandate is to encourage environmental responsibility, city wide beautification, promote recreation and active transportation usage and civic pride through community action. The Committee advises City Council on issues regarding its mandate.
- To promote and carry out the mandate through the identification and active promotion of various initiatives related to environmental responsibilities, beautification and recreational and active transportation usage.
- Provide support for local walking/cycling groups, schools, interest groups and other city based agencies.
- Actively engage the community through the development of partnerships with various organizations to promote their mandate.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of the city's Beautification, Streetscape, Gateway Master Plan and Trails & Bikeway Master Plan.
- Ad-Hoc Committees may be formed to deal with specific initiatives identified by the Committee.
It is the vision of the Committee to achieve a clean and safe city that contains attractive gardens, streetscapes and gateways and to encourage stewardship of natural resources in terms of conservation, recycling and planning. The Committee also has a focus to encourage the usage of trails and bikeways.
The Park in the City Committee is an appointed Committee of City Council that meets monthly to discuss issues that fit within their mandate. The Committee is made up of community volunteers residing in the City of Niagara Falls and two City Councillors. Residents apply for membership every four years. The Committee is administered by a City Staff Liaison. To contact the Park in the City Committee, please email email@example.com or call 905 356 7521 extension 3341.
Committee Meetings 2019
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 5:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room - CANCELLED - rescheduled to February 27, 5:30 pm start.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 4:00 pm, SCVFA Hall
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
Schedule for up-coming events
- Niagara Falls Summer Trillium Awards - Wednesday, September 18 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Reception starts at 6:30 pm). Ramada Plaza Lundy's Lane. Note, this event is by invitation only.
- TD Tree Days Tree Planting - Saturday, September 21 for 9am to 12pm. Fairview Cemetery. Register Here
- Fall Community Clean Sweep - Saturday, October 5 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Oakes Park. Register Here.
- TD Green Spaces Tree Planting - Friday, October 18 from 10am to 2pm. Firemen's Park. Register Here.