Schedule of Up-Coming Events
- Fall Community Clean Sweep - October 5, 2019 - Volunteers are needed to help clean city parks, trails and boulevards. This is a great opportunity for students to acquire Community Service Hours. Volunteers will be given safety vests, gloves and pickers. If you are interested in participating, please register online. The event will take place on Saturday, October 5 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Volunteers can pick-up their supplies on event day at Oakes Park, located at Morrison Street and Stanley Avenue in Niagara Falls. For more details, please call 905-356-7521 ext.3341 or email Jeff Guarasci, Community Development Coordinator for the City of Niagara Falls.
- TD Green Space Tree Planting - October 18, 2019 - The Park in the City Committee received a $25,000 grant through TD Green Space through the Arbor Day Foundation to help replenish park setting areas with shade trees. Majority of the trees were planted at 6 various parks that were recently renovated with new playground equipment. 60 native trees and 500 pollinator flowers will be planted at Firemen's Park in celebration of the grant that enhanced the urban forest in our community. The event will take place on Friday, October 18 starting at 10:00 am and will conclude once all of the plantings have been installed. If you are interested in volunteering to help plant the trees and pollinator flowers, please register online. Note, space is limited. For more information, please call 905-356-7521 ext. 3341 or email Jeff Guarasci, Community Development Coordinator for the City of Niagara Falls.
The Committee’s mandate is to encourage environmental responsibility, city wide beautification, promote recreation and active transportation usage and civic pride through community action. The Committee advises City Council on issues regarding its mandate.
- To promote and carry out the mandate through the identification and active promotion of various initiatives related to environmental responsibilities, beautification and recreational and active transportation usage.
- Provide support for local walking/cycling groups, schools, interest groups and other city based agencies.
- Actively engage the community through the development of partnerships with various organizations to promote their mandate.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of the city's Beautification, Streetscape, Gateway Master Plan and Trails & Bikeway Master Plan.
- Ad-Hoc Committees may be formed to deal with specific initiatives identified by the Committee.
It is the vision of the Committee to achieve a clean and safe city that contains attractive gardens, streetscapes and gateways and to encourage stewardship of natural resources in terms of conservation, recycling and planning. The Committee also has a focus to encourage the usage of trails and bikeways.
The Park in the City Committee is an appointed Committee of City Council that meets monthly to discuss issues that fit within their mandate. The Committee is made up of community volunteers residing in the City of Niagara Falls and two City Councillors. Residents apply for membership every four years. The Committee is administered by a City Staff Liaison. To contact the Park in the City Committee, please email email@example.com or call 905 356 7521 extension 3341.
Committee Meetings 2019
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 5:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room - CANCELLED - rescheduled to February 27, 5:30 pm start.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 4:00 pm, SCVFA Hall
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 4:30 pm, MacBain Community Centre Board Room