The Mayor’s Youth Advisory Committee is pleased to offer a scholarship to recognize Niagara Falls students who have demonstrated leadership and involvement in their community and/or school throughout their secondary career.
Members, and relatives, of the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Committee are NOT eligible to apply.
The recipient(s) of the scholarship will be selected at MYAC’s Regular Meeting in May. Personal information including the applicant name and school will be removed from all applications prior to review by the Committee.
To be eligible for the scholarship students must be Niagara Falls residents, in their graduating year, attending a school in Niagara Falls, have a minimum average of 75% and demonstrate leadership and involvement in their community and/or school.
A maximum of $1000.00 will be awarded per year to one or two students; one award of $1000.00 or two awards of $500.00 each.
Only online applications will be accepted.
Before you begin the online application please ensure that you have all of the pertinent information in front of you. Once started the application cannot be saved and will time out. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Proof of average of 75% or greater from guidance counsellor.
- A minimum of one letter of reference supporting your community and/or school involvement. The referee must be personally aware of the extent of your involvement.
You will also be required to answer the following questions and may want to prepare your answers in advance.
- Describe one personal quality that makes you a leader in your community and/or school. (250 word max.)
- Outline how you plan to continue your community involvement in the future. (250 word max.)
- Summarize your community and/or school involvement and expand on one specific contribution that you feel was the most impactful. (500 word max.)
For further information contact Beth at 905-356-7521 extension 3336 or email@example.com .
Start the application. Good Luck!