MYAC is a great way to get involved and to represent your peers within the community of Niagara Falls.
Each committee member is required to attend all Regular Meetings as well as join at least 1 sub-committee. The MYAC meetings run on the first Wednesday of every month and the sub-committees meet bi-weekly (minimum). This time commitment is mandatory for all MYAC members to make a true difference in the Niagara Falls community.
Please note: Leadership Training and Meetings may be virtual due to Covid-19 safety measures.
Please visit the About MYAC section of this website for further information on how MYAC operates.
The 2021-2022 Regular Meeting dates are scheduled as follows:
- November 3
- December 1
- January 12 (second Tuesday due to Christmas break)
- February 2
- March 2
- April 6
- May 4
- June 1
The 2021-2022 Mandatory Leadership Training will take place on the following dates and times:
- Saturday, October 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 6 from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 20 from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Please visit the About MYAC section for further information on how MYAC operates.
Applications due Wednesday, September 22 at 11:59 p.m.
Applications will be shared with the applicable high school after the application deadline. Applications from students who reside in Niagara Falls but attend school outside of the city will be reviewed internally. Apply online today
PLEASE NOTE: The application requires the following information:
- Contact Information
- Your interests/hobbies and any applicable skills that might apply to your participation as a member of MYAC and/or attach your detailed resume.
- Short Essay (max. 500 words), stating why you should be selected as a Mayor’s Youth Advisory Committee Member. Please include any ideas that you would like to implement if selected.
- Letter of Recommendation
Please have your information ready before starting the application.