5680 Robinson Street
The history of All Saints' church begins with the arrival of Rev. William Leeming in 1820 in the Drummondville area. In 1830 Rev. F.W. Miller arrived to assist Rev. Leeming. Around 1836 the two clergymen had a falling out, resulting in Rev. Miller erecting a "chapel of ease", St. George's on Main Street. The new chapel drew parishioners from Holy Trinity, Chippawa, as well from Rev. Leeming's followers.
Following Reverend Miller's death in 1847, Caroline Miller, his sister, deeded St. George's to Rev. Leeming. That structure was taken down and a new All Saints' church was built on Robinson Street in 1856. The land for All Saints Church was donated by Lieutenant General John Murray’s wife. Lieutenant Murray was a shareholder in the unsuccessful City of the Falls Company.
The dedication of the Robinson Street church took place on November 1857, with the consecration following on November 1, 1857 with the Bishop of Toronto officiating.
In 2004, All Saints Church was deconsecrated and made available for sale. The Church and property is recognized by a Heritage Designation through By-Law #2008-111 which was passed by City Council in 2008. The City of Niagara Falls Cemetery Services entered into an agreement with the Anglican Diocese whereby the City maintain the cemetery grounds and front landscaping. Cemetery Services also provide interment services.
All Saints Cemetery is "active". No records are available for this cemetery at this time.
Full Interactive Mapping