This program runs from August 1, 2019 until October 31, 2019.
A $100 Water Account Credit and/or a $40 Property Tax Account Credit is available to those who qualify.
The credit is available to those who meet the following qualifications:
- A City of Niagara Falls Water Customer
- A City of Niagara Falls Property Owner and residing at the property
- Age 65 or over on June 30, 2019
- Must be receiving the Federal Government Guaranteed Income Supplement
For more information, you can contact City Hall at 905-356-7521 extension 4311 or 4301.
To apply, you will need to provide:
- Proof of age (one of the following): Birth Certificate, Driver’s Licence or Senior’s Card
- Proof of Guaranteed Income Supplement (i.e. Letter of Change to your GIS amount) or you will be required to provide authorization for the City to verify your Guaranteed Income Supplement with Service Canada.
- PLEASE NOTE: PROVIDING PROOF FROM REVENUE CANADA THAT YOU ARE RECEIVING THE GUARANTEED INCOME SUPPLEMENT WILL EXPEDITE YOUR REBATE. LETTER OF CHANGES ARE MAILED BY REVENUE CANADA TO YOU IN JULY.
Applications are available from August 1, 2019 to October 31, 2019 at:
- City Hall, 4310 Queen Street, Niagara Falls
- McBain Community Centre, 7150 Montrose Road, Niagara Falls
- Online at the link provided below
The following PDF documents are available for the Senior Water / Property Tax Credit Program:
The applications for the 2019 program are available in person on August 1, 2019. All applications are to be submitted at either City Hall or the McBain Community Centre by October 31, 2019.