This program runs from August 1, 2020 until October 31, 2020.
A $100 Water Account Credit and/or a $40 Property Tax Account Credit is available to those who qualify.
The applications for the 2020 program will be available on August 1, 2020
The credit is available to those who meet the following qualifications:
- A City of Niagara Falls Water Customer
- A City of Niagara Falls Property Owner and residing at the property
- Age 65 or over on December 31, 2019
- Must be receiving the Federal Government Guaranteed Income Supplement
For more information, you can contact City Hall at 905-356-7521 extension 4311 or 4301.
To apply, you will need to provide:
- Proof of age (one of the following): Birth Certificate, Driver’s Licence or Senior’s Card
- Proof of Guaranteed Income Supplement (i.e. Letter of Change to your GIS amount).
- LETTER OF CHANGES ARE MAILED BY REVENUE CANADA TO YOU IN JULY. You can visit your Canada.ca My Service Account to check your information.
Applications are available from August 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020
In the event that, due to COVID-19 restrictions put in place by the Province of Ontario, that City Hall and/or the MacBain Community Centre would still be closed to the public after August 1, 2020, please send in your completed application and copies of proof required, by mail or drop off at our drop box located at City Hall so that your application can be processed.
c/o Water/Tax Rebate Program
4310 Queen Street
Niagara Falls, ON
The applications for the 2020 program can be submitted starting on August 1, 2020. All applications are to be submitted at either City Hall or the McBain Community Centre by October 31, 2020. View the Senior Water Rebate Application form.