This program runs from August 1, 2017 until October 31, 2017.
A $100 Water Account Credit and/or a $40 Property Tax Credit is available to those who qualify.
- A City of Niagara Falls Water Customer
- A City of Niagara Falls Property Owner and residing at the property
- Age 65 or over on June 30, 2017
- Receiving the Federal Government Guaranteed Income Supplement
If you meet ALL of these qualifications for the water credit and/or the property tax credit and wish to apply or want more information, you can contact City Hall at 905-356-7521 extension 4120.
To apply, you will need to provide:
- Proof of age (one of the following): Birth Certificate, Driver’s Licence or Senior’s Card
- Proof of Guaranteed Income Supplement (i.e. Letter of Change to your GIS amount) or you will be required to provide authorization for the City to verify your Guaranteed Income Supplement with Service Canada.
- PLEASE NOTE: PROVIDING PROOF FROM SERVICE CANADA THAT YOU ARE RECEIVING THE GUARANTEED INCOME SUPPLEMENT WILL EXPEDITE YOUR REBATE.
The following PDF documents are available for the Senior Water / Property Tax Credit Program:
When applying for the rebate, please visit the City Hall Finance Department (4310 Queen Street). You will need to provide proof of age and proof that you are collecting the Guaranteed Income Supplement or give City Hall permission to check on your behalf. You can also visit the MacBain Community Centre (7150 Montrose Road) for assistance and application forms.
All applications are to be completed by October 31, 2017.