The 2023 Final Property Tax Bill for Residential, Farmlands and Mangaged Forests properties will be mailed on June 8, 2023. Installment due dates will be June 29, 2023, and September 29, 2023. If you do not receive your bill by June 20th, please call 905-356-7521 ext. 4400 or visit the Tax Department at City Hall to receive a copy of the amounts due. Failure to receive a notice does not relieve taxpayers of the responsibility to pay taxes or associated late payment penalty and interest.
- Taxes can be paid through your financial institution (by using the 19-digit Roll Number).
- In person at City Hall or the MacBain Centre with cash, cheque or debit card.
- Online through the MyCity dashboard with credit or debit card (processing fees apply).
- Dropbox's are available outside of City Hall or the MacBain Community Centre for cheque payments only.
- Pre-authorized Payment Plan (PAP) is available.
- By mail to PO Box 1023, Niagara Falls ON L2E 6X5 with cheques made payable to The City of Niagara Falls. When paying by mail please submit the approriate payment stub along with your payment.
Payments must be received in our office by 4:30 PM on the due date in order to avoid penalty charges. If paying by mail or with your financial institution, please allow sufficient time for payments to be received.
- Parking tickets can be paid online through the city website or by cheque in the dropbox outside of City Hall or the Macbain Centre or in person at City Hall or the Macbain Centre
- Accounts Receivable Invoices can be paid through cheque in the dropbox outside of City Hall or the Macbain Centre, online through Paymentus with credit or debit card or in person at City Hall or the Macbain Centre
At the April 12, 2022 Meeting of Council, the penalty rate for taxes billed was changed to 1.25% effective May 1, 2022 per month until further notice.
Property Tax Dashboard
Get information about your tax account using our website. You can:
- View billing and payment history
- Pay your tax account using a credit card (convenience fee will apply) and more!
Sign up or login to the MyCity Dashboard to gain access to your Property Tax and Water Billing information. Once you have created an account a PIN number will be mailed to you in order to access the account (for property tax accounts only)
Receipts for income tax purposes are NOT mailed to customers. Your Final 2023 Tax Bill includes a detachable portion for income tax purposes. If you do not have this bill, please create a dashboard account to view your account online and download a statement. Otherwise, there is $15.00 charge to have a statement printed and mailed.