Due to the Provincial Stay at Home Order City Hall is closed to the public.
The MacBain Community Centre is closed until further notice.
- Taxes can be paid through you financial institution, online through the City dashboard with credit or debit card, by cheque in the dropbox outside of City Hall or the Macbain Centre, or by signing up for Pre-authorized payment (PAP)
- Parking tickets can be paid online through the city website or by cheque in the dropbox outside of City Hall or the Macbain Centre
- Accounts Receivable can be paid through cheque in the dropbox outside of City Hall or the Macbain Centre
At the December 8, 2020 Meeting of Council, the penalty rate for taxes billed was changed to 0.5% per month until further notice.
2021 Interim Tax Billing
The 2021 Interim tax bills will be mailed on Friday February 5, 2021 with due dates of:
- February 26, 2021
- April 30, 2021
Property Tax Dashboard
Get information about your tax account using our website. You can:
- View billing and payment history
- Pay your tax account using a credit card (convenience fee will apply) and more!
Sign up or login to the MyCity Dashboard to gain access to your Property Tax and Water Billing information.
Tax Rates and Related Forms
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is a not-for-profit corporation established by the Government of Ontario to provide consistent and accurate property assessments. Read more about the impact that your property assessment has on your taxes in Property Assessment & Its Impact on Taxes.
Vacancy Rebate Program
In accordance with Ontario Regulation 325/01 as Amended, the City of Niagara Falls no longer maintains a program to provide tax rebates for vacant commercial or industrial properties. This program ceased effective January 1st, 2021 and the final date to submit an application for any vacancy period prior to these was March 1st, 2021. The City will not accept, process, or acknowledge any application submitted after that date.
Deferral of Property Taxes for Seniors
Senior Water/Tax Rebates
This program has now been closed for 2020.
A $100 Water Account Credit and/or a $40 Property Tax Account Credit is available to those who qualify.
The applications for the 2021 program will be available on August 1, 2021
The credit is available to those who meet the following qualifications:
- A City of Niagara Falls Water Customer
- A City of Niagara Falls Property Owner and residing at the property
- Age 65 or over on December 31, 2019
- Must be receiving the Federal Government Guaranteed Income Supplement
For more information, you can contact City Hall at 905-356-7521 extension 4311 or 4301.
To apply, you will need to provide:
- Proof of Guaranteed Income Supplement (i.e. Letter of Change to your GIS amount).
- LETTER OF CHANGES ARE MAILED BY REVENUE CANADA TO YOU IN JULY. You can visit your Canada.ca My Service Account to check your information.