If you are unable to vote for any reason on any available voting days, you may appoint another eligible elector to vote on your behalf by completing and submitting a Voting Proxy Appointment form. Proxy voting allows someone you know and trust to vote on your behalf if you can not get out to vote, or will be away.
NOTE: Proxy forms will ONLY be accepted by the City Clerk's Office starting Monday, July 30, 2018 and must be received by the Clerk's Office by Friday, October 19th, 2018.
- You and your proxy must complete an Appointment for Voting Proxy Form (Form 3). Forms are also available in the City Clerk's Department at City Hall, 4310 Queen Street, Niagara Falls, 1st floor.
- The voting proxy must return the completed form to the City Clerk's Department between the dates of July 30, 2018 and Friday, October 19, 2018 during which times that City Hall is open, 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday AND from 12 noon to 5:00pm on Saturday September 29, 2018 and Saturday October 13, 2018.
- Completed form must have original signatures of both parties and identification will be required to be presented for both parties.
- Once certified, a voting proxy may cast a ballot on behalf of the person who appointed them on Election Day.
- Voting proxies must bring their voting proxy certificate to the voting location in order to vote.
Who is eligible to be a voting proxy:
- A voting proxy must be eligible to vote in the 2018 municipal election.
- 18 years old or older.
- A resident of Niagara Falls.
- A property owner in Niagara Falls.
- A Canadian Citizen.
- A voting proxy should also be someone you trust to follow your instructions.