- Mullen Garden Market
- Fallsview Casino Resort
- Niagara Falls Horticultural Society
- Ramada Plaza Hotel
- Re/Max Niagara Realty Ltd. Brokerage,
Daniela Mitrovic & Kathy Tsiantoulas
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION HERE - Deadline to make submissions is July 1, 2020 by 4pm.
About the Trillium Recognition Program
The program is brought to you by The Park in the City Committee through the work of the Trillium Recognition Sub-Committee, with the support of local sponsors. The mandate of the program is to foster city-wide beautification efforts from all property owners through recognition and encouragement. Residents are challenged each year to enhance their curbside appeal while utilizing basic horticultural and environmental considerations; they are encouraged, through co-operation, to achieve a level of excellence in developing and maintaining their properties. View the Summer Trillium Program categories here.
Assessment of your Property
The Trillium Sub-Committee travels throughout the City each summer to assess participating properties. The Committee will determine how well a property is maintained through a scoring matrix system (Principles of Design, Turf, Plants, Hardscaping Features, Unique Features and Environmental Issues). Properties will be assessed and given a score between 0 and 100. All assessed properties will be notified of their assessment outcome shortly after. Information about the different categories can be found on the Trillium Categories page. We encourage you to try to keep your garage door closed during this time frame as we will be taking pictures of each property to later present at the Awards Ceremony later in September.
How to participate and program particulars
All property owners, whether residential, commercial or industrial are welcome to participate--and it's FREE! Residents may nominate their own or another's properties. As a courtesy to your nominee, please ask their permission and let them know what to expect (see below). Nominations close annually on July 1.
What to expect:
- To make a nomination you must provide the complete mailing address of the property and the owner's name. Optional information may include the property owner's phone number and email address. All properties must be nominated by July 1, using the online form. If you require assistance, please call the Recreation and Culture Department at 905-356-7521 ext. 3330. If you are nominating someone else's property, please secure their permission to ensure they want the Trillium Sub-Committe to visit and assess their curbside landscape.
- After the nomination period closes on July 1, a letter will be sent to each nominated property owner to remind them that the Trillium Sub-Committee will send you a letter notification to let you know when they will visit the property to assess only their curbside landscape (viewed from the nearest roadway).
- Scores are kept for each category from each committee member (please see the Trillium Categories page for details).
- Photos will be taken of the landscape.
- We recommend that you close your garage door and move your car away from the property, if possible.
- The photographs will be shown at the Recognition of Excellence Ceremony and may be posted on the City's social media channels.
- Once all scores are tabulated later in the summer, property owners will be sent their score by mail, indicating whether they have earned an Award of Excellence, Gold, Silver, Bronze or Participant rating. Letters are generally sent out a week or so after the assessments have been completed. Each property owner will be sent two (2) complimentary tickets to the Recognition of Excellence Ceremony.
- Property owners of Gold, Silver or Bronze ratings will be presented with a plaque and an iron garden stake. Returning entries will receive only a plaque, which can be placed on their existing stake. If you win your second consecutive Gold Award, you will be presented with an Award of Excellence plaque and a framed photograph of your landscape.
2020 Recogntion of Excellence Ceremony
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The 2020 Recognition of Excellence Ceremony will take place at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, located on Lundy's Lane (across from the Canada One Factory Outlet Mall). All participants are invited to the ceremony. A food and wine reception, compliments of Daniela Mitrovic and Kathy Tsiantoulas from Re/Max Niagara Realty will start at 6:30 p.m. The Awards Ceremony follows at 7 p.m. and the event concludes at 8 p.m. (or once all awards have been presented). If you have participated in teh program this year, you will receive ceremony tickets by mail.
NOTE: To receive your award at the ceremony, please R.S.V.P. by September 11, 2020. Email or call the Recreation and Culture Department at 905-356-7521 ext. 3330. If you cannot attend the event, you may pick up your award after the ceremony at the MyCity Customer Service Centre, located in the MacBain Community Centre, at 7150 Montrose Road, during regular business hours.
Phone: 905-356-7521 ext.3330
Trillium Program Photo Galleries