The Mayor’s Accessibility Advisory Committee is accepting nominations to recognize businesses, commercial establishments, service providers and public buildings that have demonstrated exemplary efforts in accommodating persons with disabilities. The nomination can be submitted by a member of the general public or a representative from the business or establishment seeking recognition.
The nominated establishment must be within the municipality of Niagara Falls. Members of the Mayor’s Accessibility Advisory Committee will determine whether the nominee warrants the receiving of the Patrick Cummings Award or a letter of commendation. Awards will be presented at a meeting of Niagara Falls City Council. A certificate of recognition will be given to the establishment.
- 2006 Eagle Valley Golf Club
- 2006 Meridian Credit Union
- 2007 Queensway Methodist Church
- 2008 Niagara Falls Public Library
- 2009 Niagara Specialized Transit
- 2010 Niagara Falls Transit
- 2010 Holy Trinity Church
- 2011 Commisso’s Fresh Food
- 2011 Heartland Forest
- 2012 Brian Kon (Sterling Fraser)
- 2013 Boys and Girls Club
- 2014 CIBC Bank
- 2015 Brookfield Johnson Control