Terms of Reference
On October 27th , 2020, City Council formally approved the following Terms of Reference for the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee, which included the following information. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee (DEI) will provide recommendations, advice and information to the Mayor, City Council and Senior Staff on the following:
- Removing barriers to inclusion for all residents and visitors in our community;
- Achieving a greater understanding of the many diverse communities in Niagara Falls and their vision for our city to help build cohesion among diverse populations;
- Reviewing City policies and master plans through a diverse lens to ensure they are executed with an emphasis on improving all forms of diversity;
- Fostering greater inclusion of all residents and stakeholders and that they meet the needs of all residents in the community;
- Ensuring more effective outreach on diversity matters; and
- Facilitating discussions with community groups to promote broader understanding and engagement between residents of diverse backgrounds and abilities.